G2 Throttle Tamer Model Number - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 06-11-2016, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

G2 Throttle Tamer Model Number

Hi to all, I am buying a 2015 V Strom 1000 today and have been pouring over as many posts/topics as possible. I noticed that many riders find the throttle snatchy at low speeds and on rough roads. This is all too familiar to me coming from a Ducati Scrambler, something that was easily fixed with the install of a G2 Throttle Tamer. I was just wondering if anyone knows the model number of the throttle tamer for the V strom 1000. I'm in Canada and if I know the model number I can order it from Amazon Canada and forgo the shipping and duty fees. Any help would be greatly appreciated...........cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-11-2016, 08:41 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Here is the part number for the G2 throttle tamer. No offense, but in the amount of time it took you to type that you could have found the answer. Really simple to google things nowadays.
G2 Throttle Tamer for 2014+ DL1000 40-4F-136-S

-John
post #3 of 16 Old 06-11-2016, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyMeTsFaN912 View Post
Here is the part number for the G2 throttle tamer. No offense, but in the amount of time it took you to type that you could have found the answer. Really simple to google things nowadays.
G2 Throttle Tamer for 2014+ DL1000 40-4F-136-S
interesting, Amazon.ca says it doesn't fit 2015 V Strom 1000. This is where i was having the problem.

post #4 of 16 Old 06-11-2016, 11:16 AM
Stromthusiast!

Is Amazon the best source for them?
post #5 of 16 Old 06-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I ordered mine from Revzilla to be on the safe side because I've found that sometimes when you need a real specific part, Amazon can be hit-or-miss.

I put one on a while ago and honestly, I don't see a night and day difference like some people seem to experience. Is it better than before? I can't quantitatively say that for sure. Might be a combination of getting used to the throttle response and the tamer.... YMMV

Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent. - Proverbs 17:28
post #6 of 16 Old 06-11-2016, 01:33 PM
Stromthusiast!

Oh, that's no good then. Anyone else with experience?
post #7 of 16 Old 06-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
G2 Throttle Tamer Model Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMMAN View Post
interesting, Amazon.ca says it doesn't fit 2015 V Strom 1000. This is where i was having the problem.

It does. It will fit any 2014+
I got my info from RevZilla.com
They have it in stock now and will probably have it there as fast as Amazon prime would and possibly a better price. Also, a no hassle return policy if you don't install it.

-John
post #8 of 16 Old 06-11-2016, 01:56 PM
Stromthusiast!

If you go to the G2 website they show the SKU listed, close to what's posted above but slightly different;

SKU: 40-4F-136-dl1000 Categories: G2 Tamer Throttles, Street Bikes

G2 Street Tamer Throttle Tube - G2 Ergonomics

But that's listed as SKU not part #, don't know what the difference is.

Fwiw, I added this to my '06, bought from Revzilla, and while it's better it's not night and day as the other poster says. When I took the stock tube off it was pretty rusty on the handle bar under it, always wondered if just a good cleaning would have helped.

Henry

"Rock bottom will teach you lessons that mountain tops never will..."

2016 V-Strom DL650 (red) 'Sweetness'
2011 V-Strom DL650 (white)
post #9 of 16 Old 06-11-2016, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thanks for the help, took the advice given and bought from Revzilla, hopefully customs won't delay the delivery took long.
post #10 of 16 Old 07-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
As an aside from just performance, I have to give big thumbs up to G2.

A coworker of mine who just had their first kid (3 weeks old), in a semi conscious state, bumped into my parked bike with his car. Mostly everything was ok, but it landed on the throttle side handlebar and mangled the bar as well as the throttle tube. I KNEW this wasn't a warranty issue, but decided to give G2 a call anyway. They were so incredibly willing to work with me, I was blown away. They easily could have just said - "sorry, our warranty only covers mfg defects, etc," but instead, replaced my throttle tube for super cheap. I'm always in favor of supporting smaller performance parts suppliers who take care of their customers.

Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent. - Proverbs 17:28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode