OE Screen + Dual-Sport Helmet? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 06-07-2016, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

OE Screen + Dual-Sport Helmet?

Currently have my OE screen at highest, furthest back setting and don't have any significant gripes about buffeting. I'm no man-mountain - 5'8" - so maybe that is why.

I'm currently in the market for a new lid, and fancy one of the dual-sport peaked type. The LS2 MX436, in fact.

Anyone here ride their V2 with an OE screen and a peaked helmet? If so, your advice/opinion would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-07-2016, 04:30 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Used helmets years ago with peaks, no good at all at speed, turn it moves, head up/down moved, todays lids have "aviator" glasses that roll down to give extra sunshade, so depends what you want the peak for
Dino M likes this.
post #3 of 20 Old 06-07-2016, 11:01 AM
Stromthusiast!

I have the "touring" windshield and I can ride with my visor open no problem, but only with it ALL the way open. If its half open it gets battered around by the wind. I don't have a peaked helmet anymore, I tore the visor off for riding my supermoto.

post #4 of 20 Old 06-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Stromthusiast!

Been using peaked visors for the last few years. The only time I even notice it is during heavy cross winds, even then it's not bad.

The newer helmets are designed to allow a lot of wind to pass thru the helmet without dragging your head around
Brewers Whoop and nukesec like this.

14' DL1000
post #5 of 20 Old 06-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Stromthusiast!

If you get a Peaked Helmet, you'll have to wear very bright patterned clothing to match and spend most of your time riding on the back wheel only, and looking behind yourself (looking for cops?) With the Peaked Helmet comes the obligations of an MX rider
NSdave, Hank122 and Brewers Whoop like this.

Paul and Dixie and our V2
DL1000A 2015. SW-Motec crash bars and skid plate,Givi Airflo screen,Givi rear Hugger,Factory low seat,Barkbusters with Storm guards,Factory Tank Protector, Factory centre stand,RadGuard Radiator Guard,home made top box adaptor plate with poverty top box,Factory hard panniers,Zumo390LM,TKC70's,windshield lowered 50mm with custom mounting plates,motopressor tyre inflator,Virgins breath in the tyres,Barrett exhaust,AWESOME rider and pillion.
post #6 of 20 Old 06-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Stromthusiast!

"looking behind yourself"
Or in big windows of business fronts to see the reflection of how styling you are!
Brewers Whoop likes this.
post #7 of 20 Old 06-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have noticed my AFX FX-41 DS helmet catches more wind than my Shoei GT Air and it causes some buffeting...I am 5'7" and have the OE screen that comes with the 2015 ADV V2...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2015 DL1000 ADV
post #8 of 20 Old 06-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
i have neck problems and found out that riding with adv style helmets kill my neck after a long ride ( i went with a lazer monaco helmet made from carbon fiber and a transition viser ,so no sun visor needed which saves weight as well ).

2014 vee2- OEM:skid plate,heated grips,mirror extenders,centerstand. aftermarket:sw-motech: risers,trax 45L side cases 38L top case,pipe valve guard, kickstand foot enlarger. corbin/holshot heated seat ,MRA VarioTouringScreen,burkbusters storm,PC8, kaoko throttle lock, scorpion titanium slip-on, denali airbomb,scottoiler,denalli dx.pc5+autotune R&G:radiator guard, pipe slider K&N:air filter touratech:crashbars, ABS kill switch,dryspec tool tube,cyclops LED headlights,doubleback mirrors,helmet guardian,twowheels shorty levers,aftermarket off road rear brake lever,shorai lithium battery.
post #9 of 20 Old 06-09-2016, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by notacop View Post
"looking behind yourself"
Or in big windows of business fronts to see the reflection of how styling you are!
Surely we're already styling? Otherwise we'd ride GS's
Cimmerianbloke likes this.
post #10 of 20 Old 06-09-2016, 09:35 AM
Stromthusiast!

"Surely we're already styling? Otherwise we'd ride GS's"

The other day returning from a ride I came upon a GS rider coming the other direction standing on his pegs in a very adventurous manner.
I stood on the pegs of my Wee and saluted him and he promptly sat down. Go figure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode