Rad guard installed - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

3Likes
  • 2 Post By Bugzy
  • 1 Post By Bugzy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-12-2016, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Rad guard installed

I ordered a radiator guard from Yann at Enduro Guardian last week and it arrived two days later. ($70 USD)

I liked this one as it only requires the removal of one bolt at the bottom (easily accessed) and it looks functional with full coverage.

The install on a stock bike would be 5 minutes, but I have Givi crash bars and the mount bar that connects to the top radiator bolts gets in the way, so I had to trim the top corners of the guard a little for clearance. I started out with a hacksaw but that was a pain, then went to my bench grinder and had both sides adjusted in 5 minutes, very quick.

The unit looks great on the bike and will deflect rocks and sticks well, certainly a huge improvement over a stock radiator which is just hanging out there waiting for a big rock to punch a hole through it.

Solo Moto and IDRIDR like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Stromthusiast!

I was looking at this guard and I too have the givi bars.... Any chance you could snap a pic of the modification needed?
post #3 of 6 Old 05-12-2016, 08:25 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
+1 for the Enduro Guardian radiator guard. One bolt simple install (w/ OEM Adventure crash bars), solid protection and just looks like it belongs there!

Current: '17 R1200GS Adventure, '16 DR650SE, '15 DR200S
Past: '14 DL1000A ADV, '07 DL1000, '01 K1200LTC, '89 ZX10, '81 KZ650, '75 DT400B

Last edited by Solo Moto; 05-13-2016 at 01:37 PM.

post #4 of 6 Old 05-13-2016, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbiotix View Post
I was looking at this guard and I too have the givi bars.... Any chance you could snap a pic of the modification needed?
The guard needs to hook over the top of the radiator, so it needs to be able to raise slightly higher, but the Givi bracket is very close to radiator on both sides, and won't allow it.

When you see it, you will see how it needs to be modified to work. It is very simple. Any kind of cutter or grinder will do for the modification, you might even get away with bending it.
symbiotix likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-13-2016, 12:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

Any reviews yet with some miles? The air flow looks more restrictive than previous guards I have used...just wondering if increased operating temperatures have been noticed?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2015 DL1000 ADV
post #6 of 6 Old 05-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I just ride faster to increase airflow. Seriously, have noticed no issues after a couple thousand miles of use. We have previously discussed the Vee 2 temperature indicator stays constant at three bars no matter what level of hell you ride your bike into. No change with this rad guard. Go for it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode