Visual Appeal of a Dashboard - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 05-11-2016, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Question Visual Appeal of a Dashboard

I have to really ask myself 'What's in a dash' ... I mean I saw the 2014 and up and honestly I am at a loss over why they are making them so distinctly different. I guess it could be the change after the fact this now costs almost $15,000 but sheesh I am a little bummed the 650 has such a blah HUD from what the new 1000's have -_- ... not that I am itching for a new bike anytime soon as my 09 is still a lot of fun for me and the new stator/regulator I dropped in is awesome as well... but if I find myself hunting in the next several years I am going to be looking at the tech more closely... not that a fancy dash makes the bike better but the geek in me appreciates a more busy dash than what the newest 650 seems to have been given

I am curious how others feel about the very much visual distinctions between these two bikes now.

Yeah I get the contradiction as the Wee's and Vee's were never prided on their looks but overall utility and the 1000's were a bucking bronco when it came to getting the to settle down... Still I have to ask, I like a fancy dashboard and it seems like the 650 got cheated and the 1000's seems to have a totally different attitude and visual dash appeal the newest 650 *sigh looks tired and I fail to see why they let the dash's diverge so much... I'll probably have to try riding one when I get the opportunity just to satisfy my curiosity...

-Scott
2009 WEEStrom ABS - ~56K and still ticking - rehoned head at 35k after double stacking a o-ring on the oil filter caused engine to relive itself...
1980 GS750E (first bike)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode