Alarm troubles - not starting - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Laava

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-08-2016, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Alarm troubles - not starting

Hello Strommers,

I have the following problem: since last year I have my new Strom and indeed, it's a significant difference with the previous one (I had a DL1000 from 2004). On the looks we can discuss som hours because the old one with the two "eyes" had something special and now they went more to the BMW GS-look but that's ok with me. I find myself in a sh*tty position for the follwing reason;

Since the beginning I have used the build in alarm (Suzuki alarm (990D0-ALARM-001)) only 3-times or so (not many km's and not nescessary) but out of these 3 times I had 2 false alarms. The last one was friday, after 2 days tripping for over 300km's a day. The bike was parked in the garden of my outhouse, only 3 meter away in plain sight, on the middle stand with no wind at all. After more then an hour the alarm went off. Alarm disengaged with the remote control and then I got the fantastic idea of trying to "reset" the alarm by disconnecting it. I had also an issue with the alarm on my previous Strom and that did it then. The alarm beeped reconnecting the cable but now I can not start anymore. The fuel pomp (the sound it makes when turning the ignition) does not start. I called the dealer on Saturday but he could not solve it and offcourse nobody reachable at Suzuki for a factory-reset procedure or something like that. Maybe the alarm is broken offcourse ...

We will leave the moto in the out-house (wife came over with the car) hoping Suzuki respons with a solution in the next days. There is an "emergency release procedure" in the manual but the it has to be "in alarm" and this is not the case (I can cause an alarm I guess). I can enable en disable the alarm with the remote control and everything seems fine. On the display it says CHEC just like when the (red) "kill switch" would be switched on. But this is not the case and the bike is also in neutral with the side stand not deployed.

Does anybody has any suggestion?

On the first of June I go to Schotland with the bike so I hope it will be solved by then ...

regards
GiantPat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-09-2016, 02:52 AM
Stromthusiast!

Sounds like more trouble than it is worth. Take it to the shop and have the system removed
NyMeTsFaN912 likes this.

L4 DL1000 Black Strom No3
post #3 of 3 Old 05-09-2016, 07:02 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Alarm troubles - not starting

I agree with Laava. Unless you live somewhere motorcycles are stolen quite often you may want to take the money you spent on the alarm and get a disc brake lock or chain, or both. I also use the motion detector Harbor freight sells for like $11-20 depending on sale. They work flawlessly and for the price get more than one. I own two bikes so I have one in each Cycle Shell, and one on a tree facing the Shells. Alarm goes off grab your Glock or machete lol and go kill the opossum that set it off.

-John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
alarm , chec , not starting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode