Anyone using Givi e22 panniers? - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 Old 07-25-2016, 09:16 AM
Stromthusiast!

e22

I use them. For the price I like them alot.

I have a Givi Blade 47 l Top Box and e22 on the bike all the time. Together its light-weight and still nimble to drive in traffic.

The e22 weights next to nothing. One of the reasons I like them.

I wish it was possible to open the e22 boxes and take the key out.

I had bigger, more durable boxes before but sold them. To big and heavy for everyday use.

Build quality is ..... "ok". they are cheap. Thin plastic compared to e.g the Givi Trekker boxes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 Old 10-27-2018, 03:38 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bville-Bud View Post
I'm happy with mine.

I just got my Kappa K22 today (Givi E22). Installed them and I think that thay look much better the way you have them on your bike (back forward). Thanks for the inspiration.

Last edited by Rick123; 10-27-2018 at 03:40 AM.
post #23 of 32 Old 10-27-2018, 08:32 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have the E22s on my '12 DL650:

I consider them smallish, but my previous bike was a '98 Kawasaki Concours -- the Samsonite-style bags on that bike were immense, like 35-40 liters each. But I will say I like the top loading feature of the Givis, and the slimmer profile makes it easier to maneuver between my other vehicles in the garage.

As it is, my E22s are mostly filled with everyday gear: rain gear, bungee net, straps, tool roll, tire inflation gear, etc. For weekend trips, I can get by with the top box and a 40L waterproof bag I strap to the pillion. For anything longer that would require more gear, I'd probably have to consider larger bags.

If it's a good day to wash the bike, it's a better day to ride the bike.

post #24 of 32 Old 10-28-2018, 07:34 AM
Stromthusiast!

I recently got some and they're nice looking bags on my K6 Vee, but I put my Harbor Freight Pelican-style bags back on, mainly because I don't want to dig out my keys every time I want to get into them. They fit my Givi mounting racks very tightly making them difficult to attach and detach. To detach them I found it easiest to open the bag, then press down on the release mechanism to release the bag instead of pushing down on the key. To attach them, it's easiest to open the bag and then press it to the rack from the inside of the bag. I'll be putting them up for sale before Spring.

Last edited by BigBlue505; 10-28-2018 at 07:36 AM. Reason: because
post #25 of 32 Old 10-28-2018, 02:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue505 View Post
I recently got some and they're nice looking bags on my K6 Vee, but I put my Harbor Freight Pelican-style bags back on, mainly because I don't want to dig out my keys every time I want to get into them. They fit my Givi mounting racks very tightly making them difficult to attach and detach. To detach them I found it easiest to open the bag, then press down on the release mechanism to release the bag instead of pushing down on the key. To attach them, it's easiest to open the bag and then press it to the rack from the inside of the bag. I'll be putting them up for sale before Spring.
good tip. I just first had a hard time to install them. Did it after I had opened the bag. Now I have a hard time to take it off of the bike. Seems like 21 model works better then 22.
post #26 of 32 Old 10-28-2018, 07:50 PM
$tromtrooper

I have givi E22's and they are fine for everyday use, for day trips etc. For traveling/camping I would go with something larger. I also have V35's. Yes they use different racks which is a pain to switch.

14 tooth for me
post #27 of 32 Old 10-28-2018, 08:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

Also, thanks to this thread I realized I can turn the bags around. Which I'll likely do because I'm constantly kicking them when I get on the bike.

post #28 of 32 Old 11-03-2018, 08:13 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajakirch View Post
Also, thanks to this thread I realized I can turn the bags around. Which I'll likely do because I'm constantly kicking them when I get on the bike.
An update: I flipped the boxes around the other day and am so much happier with them that way. I can't tell you the number of scuffs the lids have from my boots hitting them when I get on/off the bike. No more!

post #29 of 32 Old 04-13-2019, 06:10 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

FYI Kappa brand are the same as Givi but only come in black and are usually cheaper priced. They are related companies somewhow. The instructions usually show both the Givi item number and the Kappa number. K22n and E22n for instance. Mounting brackets the same system.
post #30 of 32 Old 04-13-2019, 06:26 PM
$tromtrooper

Take a look at the Shad SH23.

Top load, will take a full 15" laptop and very light ....plus a slick 3P mounting system and well priced

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian Feb to May & Aug-Oct each year
Canada 2018 CB500x >2009 CBF1000 sold 10 Wee ABS sold 09 Burgman Exec sold 10 NT700v sold
Australia> 04 KLR650 93 ST1100 sold
Travel photos> https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries Oz riding >https://tinyurl.com/y4c7lm87
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode