Source for V2 OEM electrical connectors - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-24-2016, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Source for V2 OEM electrical connectors

On the V2 we know there is a female plug for the driving lights. I'd like to buy the other side of that connector so as to use my own driving lights. Does anyone know a source for those and/or a chart with the ISO type numbers for them ?

Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT ['02 BMW K1200rs SOLD Aug '17]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-25-2016, 12:17 AM
Stromthusiast!

Are they ISO?

Look at he Eastern Beaver web site. He's in Japan, and he can get thing that we have a real hard time finding.

"Older people who are reasonable, good-tempered, and gracious will bear aging well. Those who are mean-spirited and irritable will be unhappy at every period of their lives.

"Let each of use properly whatever strengths he has and strive to use them well. If he does this, he will never find himself lacking."

Marcus Tullius Cicero
44 B.C.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-25-2016, 08:58 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Cycle terminal also has most Japanese connectors too and he's located in the US. CT apparently ripped off eastern beaver's supplier connections and website a few years ago when he opened, so if you have moral objections to that, then you might stick with eastern beaver, but I like the cheaper faster shipping on stateside.

2002 DL1000: 75k miles. Bought at 50k miles.
1992 XJ600: Red, Very custom.
2002 Vespa ET4 150: The wife's ride.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-25-2016, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRider View Post
Are they ISO?

Look at he Eastern Beaver web site. He's in Japan, and he can get thing that we have a real hard time finding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonmd View Post
Cycle terminal also has most Japanese connectors too and he's located in the US. CT apparently ripped off eastern beaver's supplier connections and website a few years ago when he opened, so if you have moral objections to that, then you might stick with eastern beaver, but I like the cheaper faster shipping on stateside.
Both of these suppliers state that they do not know which plugs will fit the new V2 to use either of the OEM plugs (driving lights / grip heaters).
Beaver; "Some of the wiring and connectors on the new DL1000A are unknown. But it is known that the wiring is quite different than the other models of VStrom. It is not known if it has headlight relays, or if the headlights are going to be a problem. I do know that the new DL1000A does not have the old H4 bulbs. I donít know if the stock Heated Grip connector, or the newer Accessory Power Connector exist on this bike. Iíd appreciate anyone with info let me know, thanks."
Obviously, I can't know how often he updates the website. But he's asking for information, me too.

Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT ['02 BMW K1200rs SOLD Aug '17]
post #5 of 5 Old 04-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVDucati View Post
Both of these suppliers state that they do not know which plugs will fit the new V2 to use either of the OEM plugs (driving lights / grip heaters).
Beaver; "Some of the wiring and connectors on the new DL1000A are unknown. But it is known that the wiring is quite different than the other models of VStrom. It is not known if it has headlight relays, or if the headlights are going to be a problem. I do know that the new DL1000A does not have the old H4 bulbs. I donít know if the stock Heated Grip connector, or the newer Accessory Power Connector exist on this bike. Iíd appreciate anyone with info let me know, thanks."
Obviously, I can't know how often he updates the website. But he's asking for information, me too.
I have just figured out what type of connector it was by visual comparison to the pictures on their websites. I didn't even realize that they even had an application guide...

2002 DL1000: 75k miles. Bought at 50k miles.
1992 XJ600: Red, Very custom.
2002 Vespa ET4 150: The wife's ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode