Pic of Jesse Panniers - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-12-2016, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Pic of Jesse Panniers

Anyone got those and have few pics of the bike with them on.

In process of buying a leftover 15 and trying to decide if I want the touring package or if I'm going to do my own thing.
OEM bags look good but not so sure about the durability.

Way back in 03 -04 I think I tried a pair of Jesses on my 02Vee and the bags ware real good but the mounting system sucked and ended up returning the whole thing.

Any input on that would be great.

After 4 1st gen 1000's I swore no more but here I am biting once again lol..so yea been a Strom trooper on and off since day1

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Stromthusiast!

Jesse makes the best bags, period..... IMO !!! I have had a couple of sets. I actually was there and worked with Al Jesse when he started his company in Strom Lake, Iowa in the 80's. He and his family are great people. Then he moved to Phoenix in the 90's. He has perfected aluminum panniers design and strength, and simplicity. You pay for them.... But get what you pay for. Good Luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Suzuki-1000-ABS-9.jpg (44.8 KB, 190 views)
madstrom, Reibs and Hanz like this.

just give it a little gas, it will be ok !!!
post #3 of 15 Old 04-13-2016, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Hey Thanks,
Yea Jesses stuff is top notch for sure and I probably could have worded it a bit better with out giving a wrong impression.
At that time he was having some issues with the Vstrom mounts and I was impatient to wait for the upgrade. I know it all got sorted out a bit down the road.
Also I must point out they ware excellent people to deal with and wouldn't hesitate in a minute to do so again.

Main reason for the tread was to see the bike with the bags from few angles on the bike and see what it looks like. I really like the looks of the stock bags but not sure about the volume and durability..

post #4 of 15 Old 04-14-2016, 06:32 PM
Stromthusiast!

+1 on looking for pictures with the Jesse bags. Have them on my wifes bike and will probably go with same.
post #5 of 15 Old 04-14-2016, 08:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

My main gripe with the OEM cases (plastic boxes) is that they are too small. Great for day trips, but for camping or several days way too small. Plus I don't know how well they would fare if your strom wanted to take a dirt nap...

https://goo.gl/photos/t21TkyUbQTRq9Wze7
https://goo.gl/photos/jKknJQho9u6JVioD6

2015 DL1000 ADV

Last edited by 2thDr; 04-14-2016 at 08:10 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 04-14-2016, 08:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Yeah, agree. Love the bike, hate the OEM plastic bags. Came with the bike so I'll use them for now. If you'r not doing big trips or camping they are probably fine, but don't suit me.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

Jesse

I've had 3 sets of Jesse bags. Excellent and the company is great to deal with. And Al is a really nice guy!

When I said I was normal, I may have exagerated slightly.
2014 DL 1000
post #8 of 15 Old 08-18-2016, 08:25 PM
Stromthusiast!

It looks like Jesse is now concentrating on the BMW and KTM crowd. I have not found a set fitted for the 2014 V-Strom.

The member formally known as Lovin' it Strom.
post #9 of 15 Old 08-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Stromthusiast!

I'm still using the OEM plastic cases on my '14 1k. I thought they would break right away but there're still on after 60k miles. I've done 3 2 week camping trips - 2 to Baja and 1 to BC, CA, and innumerable 2,3, and 4 day camping trips. They are small but I just keep my normal 'bike stuff' in them... Compressor, patch kit, tools, first aid kit, protein bars, water, extra gloves, TP, a couple of light top layers, hat, lock, and the like. When camping all my camping gear, food, and clothes go into a Wolfman strapped on top (with a rotopak). They don't look like your normal boxy adventure bags but I'm cheap and they work. Oh yeah the bike has been on the ground a *lot* too because I suck in the dirt. They're still there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 15 Old 08-19-2016, 06:20 PM
Stromthusiast!

I replaced my Givi E360 panniers this Spring with some Kappa K-Venture bags purchased from Italy. A member on here suggested them.

It took about 2 weeks to get them here and cost around $750 Canadian.

I looked at the Jessie stuff but the price threw me off. These Kappa bags are solid and well constructed and they work with my existing Monokey mounts. Givi sells the same bags made for their updated mounting brackets but call them Outback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode