OEM low seat - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 03-25-2016, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

OEM low seat

Does anyone know how much lower the Suzuki low seat is in comparison to the standard? Tia, fg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 03-25-2016, 10:11 AM
Stromthusiast!

I don't know, but have a thought; how long have you have the bike? Mine was pretty tall when I first bought her, but she is settling down to a pretty good height for me and I'm a 30 inseam.
post #3 of 24 Old 03-25-2016, 05:58 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratedog View Post
Does anyone know how much lower the Suzuki low seat is in comparison to the standard? Tia, fg
I had ridden for 18/12 with the stock seat and always felt nervous maneuvering on slopes or rough ground when I found it difficult to put a foot on the ground easily. The low OEM seat is 3cm lower than the standard seat. I can have both feet flat on the ground now, instead of just the balls of my feet with the standard seat. The ease of getting a foot down is a big improvement for me when slow riding on rough tracks and I find the seat is at least as comfortable as the stock seat.

DL1000A 2014
previously DL650K6

post #4 of 24 Old 03-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I was about to ask a similar question - glad I read this post. I just bought a new 2014 and I am having to wait on a lowering link because it was so tall that I could barely get the balls of my feet on the ground. They said I would get about 2 inches with this lowering link and I am hoping that is going to be enough. If not, I may grab a lower seat for the extra distance.
post #5 of 24 Old 03-27-2016, 04:38 AM
Stromthusiast!

I tried the lower seat and found it to be no better than sitting on a plank. Think they just shaved off a lot of foam.
Fortunately after a year of ownership my stock seat also has bedded in and I'm able to get feet down easier. 31" inside leg.

-------------------------------------------------------
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
Always try just one more time. -Thomas Edison
-------------------------------------------------------
2014 DL1000 V-Strom AL4 Desert.
post #6 of 24 Old 03-27-2016, 05:05 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
I have a low and a standard and swap between both depending on the ride.
The standard gives more room between seat and foot peg on the low I feel slightly cramped but reach the floor better.

Will be trying the airhawke on the low again under my SitnFly to see how that goes for reach to the floor and crampedness while riding.

I think the low is 30mm lower than standard.

Cheers GotV2

2014 DL1000AL4-Glass Glacier White
OEM centre stand,chain guard,decals,SW-Motech,crashbars,pannier racks,brake,exhaust,master cylinder guards, footbase,ROX risers,Givi Hugger, Airflow, panniers,top box,PivotPgs,OmniC,Rad Guard,mirror extenders,3 Guardian Bells, Oxford HG,Tutoro, Zumo 590, PC8,Crees, G2,Grip puppies,helmet hook,SitnFly,2xBC tank bag & ring,Ventura HP,FP lowering kit,SPOT,Backoff,2 Tool Tubes,Sena 10s,Contour,Hwy pegs, 2 Aux plugs,MJM seat,levers,Barrett Exhaust,Stebal Horn,Personalised Rim tape,PP & Holder, Barkbusters & Led,smiley face

2012 DL650AL2-Pearl Mirage White "Sparkles" 2011-2014

Last edited by GotaV2; 03-27-2016 at 05:26 AM.
post #7 of 24 Old 03-27-2016, 05:23 AM
Stromthusiast!

I have the low seat and it is a plank. Sit n fly helped a little, as did a couple of layers of memory foam-but by then the seat was getting up a bit- airhawk has saved my arse for the last 5000ks
Factory low seat takes out 30mm, and any comfort.

Paul and Dixie and our V2
DL1000A 2015. SW-Motec crash bars and skid plate,Givi Airflo screen,Givi rear Hugger,Factory low seat,Barkbusters with Storm guards,Factory Tank Protector, Factory centre stand,RadGuard Radiator Guard,home made top box adaptor plate with poverty top box,Factory hard panniers,Zumo390LM,TKC70's,windshield lowered 50mm with custom mounting plates,motopressor tyre inflator,Virgins breath in the tyres,Barrett exhaust,AWESOME rider and pillion.
post #8 of 24 Old 03-28-2016, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thanks to all, FG
post #9 of 24 Old 03-28-2016, 08:31 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I've got the lowered seat, like others have said it's about 30mm lower and a bit hard, an airhawk will be a good thing to have in addition if you went that way, helps me a fair bit

Suzuki DR650 (2016) - Grey
Yamaha XSR900 (2016) - Blue

Sadly deceased: Suzuki VStrom DL1000 (2014) - White
Shiro Suzuki shijūha~tsu 白スズキ四十八 (White Suzuki forty-eight)

The Adventures of 69SIM - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzK0IIM_4zZjC3DF95GIBKA
post #10 of 24 Old 04-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Reviving at the risk of hijacking.....

So I posted up last year before I got my strom that they were getting a lowering link for me. I keep hearing that clearance and all that is decreased on a strom anyway then I turned around and lowered it almost 2 inches. This has not been an issue for me yet but I am increasing my offroading a little bit. I have been riding for a year now and am comfortable with the height. The question I have is whether or not it would be smart to put the original link back in to add back the 1.5-2 inches I took out then get the lower seat which will give me back 30mm (1.2") to compensate for my height distance and give me a little more clearance on the bottom. Thoughts?

Jes
2014 V-Strom DL1000

"Dress for the slide, not the ride!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode