ADV Style Foot Peg Replacement Options - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 81 Old 02-16-2016, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

ADV Style Foot Peg Replacement Options

Hi there I'm looking for ADV replacement footpeg options that are less that $75.

Will this style of ADV footpeg fit the 2014+ Vee...?

1 Pair Stee ash item43e634bbd9 g QYUAAOSwp5JWXmbJ vxp mtr | eBay

I looked at the parts micro fishe here and I think they will work....?

2014 Suzuki DL1000A FOOTREST | MRCycles

If not can you send me some suggestions?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 81 Old 02-16-2016, 01:25 AM
Stromthusiast!

I use these ones, fit 650 and 1000
MC TRC Front Footpegs Step FOR Suzuki DL 650 V Strom 04 11 12 13 | eBay

Never argue with an idiot.......they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
post #3 of 81 Old 02-16-2016, 02:04 AM
Stromthusiast!

KLR footpegs fit DL's. KLR riders are even cheaper than DL riders therefore ....

I used $15 eBay KLR footpegs for over five years. Pivot pegs now which I appreciate on the long hauls on seal more than I do offroad but they are expensive.

Luck
Pete
phatguy and woody071585 like this.

post #4 of 81 Old 02-16-2016, 02:54 AM
Stromthusiast!

I use these on my 2013 DL650: Suzuki Motocross Black Foot Pegs - DR650SE / DR250 / DR350 (1990-1997)

They work great. Kapsco is a Canadian company located in the GTA... and it's pretty easy to get 5%, 10%, and sometimes 20% discounts. Their bike stands and batteries are a great deal as well.
wingstrom likes this.
post #5 of 81 Old 02-17-2016, 08:57 AM
Stromthusiast!

+1 on Pete W's ebay klr pegs. Did the same. Have been happy with them
My feet used to slip a bit on the stock rubber pegs when riding in bad weather. These are also wider.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
post #6 of 81 Old 02-17-2016, 02:40 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromaholic View Post
I just installed a set of these and can't recommend them. While they look the part, they are typical Chinese junk.

There is a bushing that gets inserted through the spring that the retaining pin passes through (retaining pin through bushing, bushing through spring). One of the bushings fit. They other, not even close. I had to bore-out the peg to fit the bushing. Once I got the bushing in the peg, the retaining pin wouldn't fit into the bushing, so I had to bore that out too. It's installed but it's beat to hell and it doesn't spring-back when deflected because the bushing is too tight to the pin.

Also, two of the small Allen screws that retain the toothed side pieces stripped way too easily.

Pass.

Tipsy
Vhawg likes this.

Givi Trekker Outback Luggage, Givi Crash Bars, Givi Hugger, Givi Kick-Stand Foot, Happy Trails Skid Plate, Suzuki Center Stand, Barkbusters, Barkbuster LED DRL's, Dynamic Motorrad LED Turn Signal Bulbs, Skene P3's w/ Stock Tail/Brake Light on IQ-160 Controller, Cree Spot/DRL's on Denali Bar w/Skene IQ-275 Controller, Kaoko Throttle Lock, In-Dash USB Power Port, EB PC-8 Aux Fuse Box, Garage Door Remote, Garmin Zumo 660LM on AdventureTech Windscreen Mount, Aprilia Tuono Mirrors, SAE Battery Tender Dongle, Bags Connection Evo-Engage Tank Bag

Last edited by TipsyMcStagger; 02-17-2016 at 07:02 PM.
post #7 of 81 Old 02-17-2016, 04:34 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have the SW Motech on/off road footpegs, the rubber inserts are removable

They are a bit lower and a lot wider than the stock pegs. I think they feel great
ride365, V2man, sranderle and 4 others like this.

14' DL1000
post #8 of 81 Old 02-17-2016, 08:41 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger View Post
I just installed a set of these and can't recommend them. While they look the part, they are typical Chinese junk.

There is a bushing that gets inserted through the spring that the retaining pin passes through (retaining pin through bushing, bushing through spring). One of the bushings fit. They other, not even close. I had to bore-out the peg to fit the bushing. Once I got the bushing in the peg, the retaining pin wouldn't fit into the bushing, so I had to bore that out too. It's installed but it's beat to hell and it doesn't spring-back when deflected because the bushing is too tight to the pin.

Also, two of the small Allen screws that retain the toothed side pieces stripped way too easily.

Pass.

Tipsy
No shit? I'm on my second set, first on my 650 now my 1000. Never had a problem with either

Never argue with an idiot.......they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
post #9 of 81 Old 02-17-2016, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

post #10 of 81 Old 02-18-2016, 12:04 AM
Stromthusiast!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode