Pesky FI light - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 01-24-2016, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Pesky FI light

So I replaced my stock can with a two brothers unit, which I love. I get a couple of F1 lights on dash appear a couple of times. Bring it to dealer and they make me pay a 120 bucks to adjust exhaust butterflies. Argue and and say that there is no where in the manual where it says that is a regular maintenance requirement. Matter of fact, no explanation of even how to adjust it.
Long story short, I pay the money, and ride another 300 miles... Same FI light comes on.
I'm leaning towards buying s Servo buddy and eliminating this idiot light. Has anyone had any experience going this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-25-2016, 03:01 AM
Stromthusiast!

Certainly not normal to have the FI light come on at all after just swapping the can. As the dealer didn't fix the problem I would be taking it back, or going to a different Suzuki dealer if you have no faith in that one. It could even be a wiring issue that seems to have affected a number of our bikes. Did the bike run normally when the FI light came on? The bike is under is still warranty I assume.

DL1000A 2014
previously DL650K6
post #3 of 9 Old 01-25-2016, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

The bike runs normal. Not bringing it back to this or any other dealer. Suzuki refuses to recognize it Asa warranty issue. They call it general maintenance. I even call Suzuki and submitted a case. They rejected it saying that the cables for exhaust butterfly must always have the proper tension. I don't know what that is. I know one side is looser than the other by design.
If anybody knows what the adjustment is, I would greatly appreciate the knowledge. I have read scoured the manual, and there is no mention of it.

post #4 of 9 Old 01-25-2016, 11:56 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroke View Post
The bike runs normal. Not bringing it back to this or any other dealer. Suzuki refuses to recognize it Asa warranty issue. They call it general maintenance. I even call Suzuki and submitted a case. They rejected it saying that the cables for exhaust butterfly must always have the proper tension. I don't know what that is. I know one side is looser than the other by design.
If anybody knows what the adjustment is, I would greatly appreciate the knowledge. I have read scoured the manual, and there is no mention of it.
I'm thinking about doing the two brothers can as well. The Canadian Dollar is really weak right now and it's not riding season so I'll likely wait a month or two and see what happens to the price.

I'll be interested in seeing what happens here! I am debating on doing the arrow collector and the power commander as well and doing away with all this crap!

2018 Vstrom 1000
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Nomad
post #5 of 9 Old 01-25-2016, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

I'm ready to pull the trigger on the servo buddy. Anyone install one on V3 yet!
post #6 of 9 Old 01-26-2016, 07:51 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
I'm ready to pull the trigger on the servo buddy. Anyone install one on V3 yet!

V3? I've installed one on my V2 along with removing the cat, servo, and swapping the exhaust. No issues whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-John
post #7 of 9 Old 01-26-2016, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

V2, sorry. Looks pretty straight forward. I guess I'll need to leave the exhaust valve on pipe, as I only have a slip on. I will remove cables and servo though.
Do you have any pics?
post #8 of 9 Old 01-28-2016, 06:57 AM
Stromthusiast!

Servo buddy is plug and play takes few min to instLl if your leaving servo in place.

A signature
post #9 of 9 Old 01-28-2016, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
So I replaced my stock can with a two brothers unit, which I love. I get a couple of F1 lights on dash appear a couple of times.

I wouldn't be surprised if the FI warning cycling is probably related to the recall on the wiring harness.

It may be unrelated since your bike isn't stock but this past Sunday my FI warning started cycling on the display although it was running perfectly. I filled the tank and after that it wouldn't start. I had washed it so that is likely the trigger but turns out lots of corrosion on the wiring harness as per the recall.

..Tom

My Opinion:
Vee or V= DL1000 before 2014
Vee2 or V2 = DL1000 2015 to 2019
Vee3 or V3 = DL1050 2020 to?

My Stroms:
2006 DL650: 202,000 km 125,500 miles, Sold
2012 DL650 139,500+ km, 86,700+ miles. Sold
2015 DL1000 New July 2015 205,000+ km, 127,000+ miles.

This can help preventing from cars pulling out in front of you (SMIDSY)
SMIDSY detailed report.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode