Adjustable Levers for the 2014+ DL1000 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tefloncandy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-20-2016, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Question Adjustable Levers for the 2014+ DL1000

I have seen several posts on this but want to ask for something very specific.

I am looking for a someone that actually has a set of the aftermarket levers on their bike and can either tell me the exact model or a link to the ones they got.

Ideally I am looking for the ones where you can adjust the length of the lever itself.

Like these.

http://image.dhgate.com/albu_282148744_00/1.0x0.jpg

A signature
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-20-2016, 11:32 PM
Stromthusiast!

I bought something similar once. I think they were $30 for the pair. They worked well for a few months but the adjustable part of the lever started to slip out to full length constantly which I found annoying and distracting. I tried tightening the screw and various other methods but nothing was working so I just replaced them with other short levers.

The second set of short levers were also cheap but the clutch side was not formed correctly for my 04 V and caused clutch to slip, so I finally broke down and bought some shorty folding Pazzo levers and have been a happy rider since.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-21-2016, 11:57 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I can't answer your exact question about model for the Vee2, but I can tell you I was in your shoes a few months ago and decided to purchase a pair of shortly levers after reading all the feedback on the adjustable ones loosening up over time.
I purchased the ones below from another member on this board.

My opinion is that I like the shorty levers and their adjustments, but they do move around a little more (i.e. up and down) if you're messing with them than the stock levers. During normal riding, I do not feel the movement and they have been really nice to have on the bike.

stormbytes likes this.

13' KLR 650, 06' GL1800
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" George S. Patton

post #4 of 4 Old 01-21-2016, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

But you installed them on a V2....
=)
Thanks that is what I was trying to see. your pictures answered the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tefloncandy View Post
I can't answer your exact question about model for the Vee2, but I can tell you I was in your shoes a few months ago and decided to purchase a pair of shortly levers after reading all the feedback on the adjustable ones loosening up over time.
I purchased the ones below from another member on this board.

My opinion is that I like the shorty levers and their adjustments, but they do move around a little more (i.e. up and down) if you're messing with them than the stock levers. During normal riding, I do not feel the movement and they have been really nice to have on the bike.

A signature
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode