2014 Aftermarket Rear Shock Spring - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-20-2016, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

2014 Aftermarket Rear Shock Spring

Need to order one for the stock shock so that with minimum preload it has enough spring for my 210 lbs + riding gear. Then crank in some preload for loaded down riding (wife / luggage / both).

Where should I be looking to order one.......???

Editor - Minnesota Motorcycle Monthly
MSF instructor
Road Closed Promotions Lead Track Instructor
Former CRA Racer - RC51 Superbike / ZX-6 / F2

Current Bikes
2012 Triumph Street Triple R
2014 DL-1000 Vstrom ADV - Daily Bike

Previous Bikes
89' Katana 600 / 91 Zx-6 / 92' F2 / 89 Cb-1 / 00' VFR / 2004 CBR1000RR / 2005 dl650 / RC-51 Superbike

www.motorbyte.com
http://mnmotorcycle.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-21-2016, 12:04 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
I met a guy at a Stromtrooper gathering named Jay from adventure power sports who really knows his stuff and works on v-stroms. I didn't replace the rear spring but he helped me set up my stock suspension. He's a great guy and would be a good place to start.

Adventure Power Sports, LLC

Vaseface
Northern California
14 DL1000
post #3 of 6 Old 01-21-2016, 10:36 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
I've been looking for the same thing. Closest I've found that is just the spring for the stock shock was on touratech-usa.com; however, it is a progressive spring that isn't necessarily designed for a higher load. :|Also, if I recall correctly it was only available in a set for forks and rear, but still not too expensive.

I emailed them about it to find out it was available individually or what the spring rate was and if it was available in different spring rates. Their customer service said it was only available in the one spring rate and that they thought it was typically setup for a 190-220lb rider but wasn't sure.

They suggested ordering a custom shock which they can dial in for your weight and riding style. :|(But that is considerably more expensive).

Not too long before that when I looked not even this option was available, I expect with time more springs will hit the market. :|At least I'm hoping so with my fingers crossed...

post #4 of 6 Old 01-21-2016, 12:15 PM
Stromthusiast!

post #5 of 6 Old 01-21-2016, 02:07 PM
$tromtrooper

Garage
Off topic question...

When I originally typed my reply above, there was trouble logging in to post it. In order to salvage my efforts arguing with my phone's keyboard (that's yet another story), I copy pasted the text into a Word file so I could save it until later. Once I got onto a more stable network, I copy pasted from the saved file to the "quick reply" box. However, once it posted those three emoticons mysteriously appeared... Any one know why or how they included themselves? And oddly enough right in the middle of the paragraphs.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-21-2016, 02:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
touratech has some shocks

2014 vee2- OEM:skid plate,heated grips,mirror extenders,centerstand. aftermarket:sw-motech: risers,trax 45L side cases 38L top case,pipe valve guard, kickstand foot enlarger. corbin/holshot heated seat ,MRA VarioTouringScreen,burkbusters storm,PC8, kaoko throttle lock, scorpion titanium slip-on, denali airbomb,scottoiler,denalli dx.pc5+autotune R&G:radiator guard, pipe slider K&N:air filter touratech:crashbars, ABS kill switch,dryspec tool tube,cyclops LED headlights,doubleback mirrors,helmet guardian,twowheels shorty levers,aftermarket off road rear brake lever,shorai lithium battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode