The V2 is faster than the Super T - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 01-01-2016, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

The V2 is faster than the Super T

My buddy has a 12 Super T. We have done roll on races in every gear. The V2 walks away in every gear but a 6th gear roll on. He just purchased a 14 Super T, and we had the same results last night. So I'm pretty pleased that our 1000 cc bike can pull at least one 1200 cc bike.
V-Tom, pvwheeler, G-Dub and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 01-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Stromthusiast!

People compare the S10 and Vee2 all the time, but, really they are significantly different.
You just need to pick the proper tool for your type of riding.
I do mostly back road rum running and I like the throttle response and relative lightness and maneuverability of the Strom,but if my riding involved big, long trips on a regular basis, I would choose the S10 as I find it more roomy and a bit more comfy.
CC and shaft drive are nice for that type of riding also.
I had ordered a 2014 S10 and changed my mind when I did an honest evaluation of my type of riding.
I have a buddy with a 2014 S10 who does really big trips on a regular basis.
He chose the right bike for that.
post #3 of 31 Old 01-01-2016, 02:39 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroke View Post
My buddy has a 12 Super T. We have done roll on races in every gear. The V2 walks away in every gear but a 6th gear roll on. He just purchased a 14 Super T, and we had the same results last night. So I'm pretty pleased that our 1000 cc bike can pull at least one 1200 cc bike.
Not surprising. The Vee has slightly more bore area, so it should make a bit more power, and it's a lighter bike with a more efficient final drive.
Ergo, faster.

I was very underwhelmed with the Super Tenere's motor when I rode one. Kind of agricultural feeling, a little rough with lots of low end power, but no pop higher up. The rest of the bike was nice though.

Rich Desmond
'07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '99 SV650 (race bike), '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350, '08 Ducati 848

post #4 of 31 Old 01-01-2016, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

[QUOTE=Toto;3678058]People compare the S10 and Vee2 all the time, but, really they are significantly different.
I do mostly back road rum running and I like the throttle response and relative lightness and maneuverability of the Strom,but if my riding involved big, long trips on a regular basis, I would choose the S10 as I find it more roomy and a bit more comfy.
I had ordered a 2014 S10 and changed my mind when I did an honest evaluation of my type of riding.
He chose the right bike for that.[/QUOTE

I rode 14,000 miles on my strom, right along side the ST this summer. Strom eats up the miles, and handles better in the twisties.
post #5 of 31 Old 01-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

I am watching as the S10 prices have been in a free fall recently. The only thing that I find appealing is the shaft drive. I rode one and it didn't make me want to drop the Strom so it isn't in the garage now. Nice bike but not what I need now I guess. That being said I ride anything from a scooter to a goldwing and get off with a smile on my face. Just ride whatever you get (or have). Nothing worse than a motorcycle that just sits in the garage...
iamsmiling likes this.
post #6 of 31 Old 01-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

I'm old and slow so it doesn't matter to me :-)! Nice to hear though.

Honestly I'd have bought a S10 if it has been as great a value as the Strom, but it isn't and I love the Strom so here I am. The couple extra thousand dollars feels pretty good in the bank account also.
post #7 of 31 Old 01-01-2016, 05:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

[QUOTE=2stroke;3678362]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
People compare the S10 and Vee2 all the time, but, really they are significantly different.
He chose the right bike for that.[/QUOTE

I rode 14,000 miles on my strom, right along side the ST this summer. Strom eats up the miles, and handles better in the twisties.

For sure, and I did not mean to imply that the Strom was bad on long trips, it is just that when I took a toot on the S10, it fit my ergos a little better and the CC would be nice.
And, yes, the Vee2 is the bomb to have in the twisties!
post #8 of 31 Old 01-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

ok so like all the web bike guys are putting out the new ride reports on the new Honda and they all say
you wouldn't want any more power its just right
yup 95hp
oh that's what the strom has but everything you read about the strom is it doesn't have enough power ???????????
the strom is fast and is set up really nice for most riding
for the 8800 I spent on my adv I cant think of a bike I would rather have
I rode the s10 twice on Yamaha demos and didn't think that much about it and I really wanted one
it was just hohum for me like a tool not saying its not a great bike at all though just no excitement
when it comes to bikes there is always something faster so ride what ya like to sit on and what feels right
or buy a busa
for me its all about the way the power gets to the ground
this year I bought a fz-07 a ctx1300 and the new strom, all three bike have tourque all from the bottom and lots of it
man I love the torque for me way more important the high revving hp
getting back on topic
anytime you can beat up on a buddy tell us all about it
for the record your strom is obviously black, the fastest color

1975 Yamaha dt125
1982 Yamaha 550 vision
1986 fazer 700
1983 Suzuki gs750e
1984 Honda v65 sabre
1985 Yamaha rz500
1985 kawi gpz turbo 750
2000 Honda sabre 1100
1998 Honda 800 interceptor vfr
2002 ktm rfs250 and drz 250
3, 250 cc kymco scooters
2014 bmw c650gt
2015 fz-07
sill have
2014 ctx1300
2014 dl1000 vstrom
post #9 of 31 Old 01-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

Yuup, the new V2 is faster than the Tenere for sure. Same with the old V1 also. I sold my 2007 V1 to a good friend and the first time we rode together he proceeded to spank me soundly.

If you look at the specs, the Strom and the S10 have virtually the same piston diameter. The extra CCs in the Tenere all come from the longer stroke.

Completely different bikes. The Vee is snappy, the S10 has grunt. The Strom keeps you busier riding it....more shifting. With the Tenere you just twist the throttle and use the torque. The grunt makes the Tenere much more manageable off-road. The snappiness makes the Vee a hoot in twisties.
Big B and Toto like this.

2000 Red Honda XR 400r
2003 Green Honda Rincon 650 ATV

If it is not broken, it can still be fixed
post #10 of 31 Old 01-01-2016, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmn View Post
ok so like all the web bike guys are putting out the new ride reports on the new Honda and they all say
you wouldn't want any more power its just right
yup 95hp
oh that's what the strom has but everything you read about the strom is it doesn't have enough power ???????????
the strom is fast and is set up really nice for most riding
for the 8800 I spent on my adv I cant think of a bike I would rather have
I rode the s10 twice on Yamaha demos and didn't think that much about it and I really wanted one
it was just hohum for me like a tool not saying its not a great bike at all though just no excitement
when it comes to bikes there is always something faster so ride what ya like to sit on and what feels right
or buy a busa
for me its all about the way the power gets to the ground
this year I bought a fz-07 a ctx1300 and the new strom, all three bike have tourque all from the bottom and lots of it
man I love the torque for me way more important the high revving hp
getting back on topic
anytime you can beat up on a buddy tell us all about it
for the record your strom is obviously black, the fastest color
Nope, I have a red one. I believe it is the faster color. I.e. Ducati, Ferrari. Lol
tmccan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode