Chain and sprocket kit - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Thunderdownunder
  • 1 Post By Farmer Strom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-27-2015, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Chain and sprocket kit

Does anyone know of a 530 chain and sprocket kit for the Vee2?

Never argue with an idiot.......they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-27-2015, 08:32 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Email Mark from http://www.remarcables.com.au/ he was explaining all the different setups to me last week i am sure he can help
post #3 of 8 Old 01-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromaholic View Post
Does anyone know of a 530 chain and sprocket kit for the Vee2?
Please keep me informed as my 525 looks very sad and anemic. Oh Why oh why do Suzuki use a 525 chain on a 1000cc torque monster. Tight ass mongrels is why.
Alec
Stromaholic likes this.

post #4 of 8 Old 01-04-2016, 02:30 AM
Stromthusiast!

I was going to suggest Chain Gang, but just did a google search and can no longer find their website. Maybe they have gone out of business? Although expensive (compared to Chinese) they had a reputation for making sprockets that last.

Cheers Ian.
White DL650A L3
Sold Red DL650 K5
Also a Blue DR650
post #5 of 8 Old 01-04-2016, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

As mentioned in a previous post by QLDRider, Mark at Remarcables can supply the kit. However,he can't carry stock on the shelf but can get what you want pretty quickly. Just use the link in that post to contact him

Never argue with an idiot.......they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
post #6 of 8 Old 01-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Stromthusiast!

Chain Gang are still going but are exclusively pushbike gear. Have ordered a 'JT' sprocket and chain set they seem to be ok and on the money. http://www.jtsprockets.com/chain/
I have been buying Chain Gang for years. Talk going around is the guy who owns it said he could no longer find the right type of hardened steel for the sprockets and decided that quality was more important than sourcing an inferior hardened steel. Its a shame, I checked my invoices and found that the last set has lasted 4 years and some 50,000 kms - I also run a scott oiler too and attribute it to the longevity of the set.
Cheers
FS
v-chops likes this.

Did own - 03 V Strom. Racetech springs gold valves, 'shocktreatment' rebuilt rear shock (spring and valving), Pro taper high ATV bars and Storm Barkbusters modded from honda transalp, eastern beaver power outlet headlight relay mod and fuse block, power commander, givi top case and panniers, staintune exhaust.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-06-2016, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Ok, apart from RemarCables, Link carry a 17 tooth front for around $30 and 42 tooth rear for around $66. A gold GXW RK chain on fleabay goes for $278 delivered. All in the 530 size, but the front is 8.6mm thick compared to the standard 525 at 7.2mm. Dennis from Link suggested checking with a mechanic as to whether this will be a problem or not.

post #8 of 8 Old 01-06-2016, 07:49 AM
Stromthusiast!

Amazon had/still has some good prices for chain sprocket kits, though the sinking Aussie $ is beginning to impact. I got a DID X ring with JT chro-moly front and steel rear sprocket kit for about $180 delivered about 8 mths ago while ordering other stuff for my bikes. I think it now is around $240 Aussie delivered without other gear on the freight list, but still quite good value, blasphemous as I may be though ordering from OS.

Cheers, Stumps.

V-Strom 650 (L2), DR650 (L3).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode