European Sticker Kit? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 12-22-2015, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

European Sticker Kit?

I've seen a lot of pictures of bikes in Europe that have a sticker kit that includes the "1000" on the front cowl and a large matte black sticker on either side of the tank. Does anyone know where I could find those tank stickers?

Thanks,
B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 12-22-2015, 12:11 PM
Stromthusiast!

ebay UK has them.

2014 DL650 (sold)
2014 DL1000
post #3 of 23 Old 12-22-2015, 01:15 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blz2dwl View Post
I've seen a lot of pictures of bikes in Europe that have a sticker kit that includes the "1000" on the front cowl and a large matte black sticker on either side of the tank. Does anyone know where I could find those tank stickers?

Thanks,
B
If you're talking about the decals pictured below, I bought them Motorcycle.ca in Canada. They were great to deal with. If I recall correctly, shipping to the US was $16.

I also bought the clear tank protection film, the lower tank protection and the frame protection. The part #'s are 990D0-31J07-PAD, 990D0-31J03-PAD, 990D0-31J04-PAD and 990D0-31J01-PAD.

FYI: Some people complain about difficulty installing these with regard to air bubbles. The decals come with a little packet of lubricant that you dilute in water. Since I ordered multiple decals, I received multiple lubricant packets. I mixed the lubricant in a typical "Windex" type spray bottle at almost twice the recommended dilution (eg: two packets to the recommended water for a single packet). After cleaning the surface with the included wipes, I then LIBERALLY coated both the bike and the back of the decal with the lubricated water. You will then be able to easily position the decal. Don't be stingy with the water!

The key is to get the thoroughly lubricated decal into proper position and then very thoroughly squeegee the water out from under the decal. The decal also comes with a small plastic squeegee/scraper. Spend plenty of time doing this and use paper towels to wipe the excess water from the edges of the decal as it's forced out from underneath.

I can tell you that I obsess over details and there is not so much as a pin-tip of an air bubble under these decals.

Tipsy

blz2dwl and blues hurler like this.

Last edited by TipsyMcStagger; 12-22-2015 at 11:03 PM.

post #4 of 23 Old 12-22-2015, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks! Those links led me to the black tank protectors, which is what I was after. I wonder why they aren't sold in the US?
post #5 of 23 Old 12-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Thanks! Those links led me to the black tank protectors, which is what I was after. I wonder why they aren't sold in the US?

I wonder the same thing all the time. I just ordered the DL650 decals for my 2015 650XT from Suzuki UK but found the 1000 decals on eBay before I knew I was able to order through Suzuki outside the U.S. I recently was sent a survey from Suzuki on my latest Suzuki purchase and in the comments at the end I complained how our accessories are almost nonexistent compare to other countries. I doubt that will change anything but it's still confusing as to why they're not available here.

-John
post #6 of 23 Old 12-22-2015, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

The folks at Motorcycle.ca hooked me up with the tank stickers I was after. Good folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 23 Old 12-22-2015, 06:02 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
The folks at Motorcycle.ca hooked me up with the tank stickers I was after. Good folks!
:thumbsup:
post #8 of 23 Old 12-24-2015, 02:37 AM
Stromthusiast!

Any idea how to buy the clear tank protectors online. Suzuki.de has some nice clear protectors with v strom logo.

I have tried on suzuki.de and suzuki uk, neither does international shipping to the U.S..
post #9 of 23 Old 12-24-2015, 07:05 AM
Stromthusiast!

If you can get them in Canada they should be almost free ...with the exchange rate right now lol....

2015 Wee2 EXP "Arya"
2002 DR650 SM "Tormund"
2014 CB500x (wifes)
2018 XT 250 (wifes)
post #10 of 23 Old 12-24-2015, 07:25 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
Any idea how to buy the clear tank protectors online.
Did you read post #3 of this thread?

Tipsy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode