Power Commander 5 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

1Likes
  • 1 Post By symbiotix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-11-2015, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Power Commander 5

Has anyone hooked up a PC V to their V2 yet ? How about auto tune ?
I've looked at a few sites (DynoJet and Fuel Moto) and they're not showing an application for the V2. Only a PC FC. I already have the PC V from when I had my V so I'm hoping that will work. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Stromthusiast!

I haven't read of anyone doing Autotune, but PCV is available. I believe the cheapest place to find it is motomummy... Approx $256. There are a few thread on it, but probably the best thread is the one dealing with the Arrow exhaust and header. 21 pages of reading....

https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000a-...nder-dyno.html

Enjoy,

[email protected]

2014 Suzuki DL1000 - Pearl White
2010 Honda VFR1200 - Candy Prominence Red
post #3 of 9 Old 11-11-2015, 10:44 PM
Stromthusiast!

PCFC. Lot cheaper. Load up to ten maps. Autotune really not needed for this bike.

post #4 of 9 Old 11-12-2015, 08:02 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
i have both pc v+AT

2014 vee2- OEM:skid plate,heated grips,mirror extenders,centerstand. aftermarket:sw-motech: risers,trax 45L side cases 38L top case,pipe valve guard, kickstand foot enlarger. corbin/holshot heated seat ,MRA VarioTouringScreen,burkbusters storm,PC8, kaoko throttle lock, scorpion titanium slip-on, denali airbomb,scottoiler,denalli dx.pc5+autotune R&G:radiator guard, pipe slider K&N:air filter touratech:crashbars, ABS kill switch,dryspec tool tube,cyclops LED headlights,doubleback mirrors,helmet guardian,twowheels shorty levers,aftermarket off road rear brake lever,shorai lithium battery.
post #5 of 9 Old 11-12-2015, 09:53 AM
Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

+1

The existing maps for the Vee2 PCFC and PC V (at least those for the Full Arrow system) work great. The bike is sightly stronger, but possibly more importantly the throttle response is spot on. The PC V maps can be loaded on the PCFC. It's the same device, but cheaper without some features many don't need.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-12-2015, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for the help. I went to motomummy and saw a picture of the pc v that they sell for the V2. It has more wires than the one I bought for my 08 so I guess that one won't work. That was my main question.
Alon-very happy to read that you and your bike are going ok and on the road again.
post #7 of 9 Old 11-13-2015, 08:23 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
thank you

2014 vee2- OEM:skid plate,heated grips,mirror extenders,centerstand. aftermarket:sw-motech: risers,trax 45L side cases 38L top case,pipe valve guard, kickstand foot enlarger. corbin/holshot heated seat ,MRA VarioTouringScreen,burkbusters storm,PC8, kaoko throttle lock, scorpion titanium slip-on, denali airbomb,scottoiler,denalli dx.pc5+autotune R&G:radiator guard, pipe slider K&N:air filter touratech:crashbars, ABS kill switch,dryspec tool tube,cyclops LED headlights,doubleback mirrors,helmet guardian,twowheels shorty levers,aftermarket off road rear brake lever,shorai lithium battery.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Stromthusiast!

Hey Rick, where did you end up finding the PCFC at the cheapest price?
stefman722 likes this.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-15-2015, 06:51 AM
Stromthusiast!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlandrick View Post
+1

The existing maps for the Vee2 PCFC and PC V (at least those for the Full Arrow system) work great. The bike is sightly stronger, but possibly more importantly the throttle response is spot on. The PC V maps can be loaded on the PCFC. It's the same device, but cheaper without some features many don't need.
+1 on the PCFC. Good bit of gear.:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode