Rox Risers - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 43 Old 06-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

I installed 2" rox risers a while back and fat bars after a crash left my bars bent up. The fat bars are approximately in the same place but angled out a bit more so the wrists aren't turned in. Renthal 827 fatties. I wish I had gone another inch higher but can add that if I have to. Also I installed a usb charger that is just ziptied to the bars and the wiring just shoots straight down thru the steering stem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.4 KB, 271 views)

L4 DL1000 Black Strom No3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 43 Old 06-26-2015, 01:55 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I just ordered a set of Rox risers for my '14 so a couple of questions for those that have removed the top triple clamp to move the cables/hoses...

What tool is needed to remove the steering head nut, is it just a socket?

After I remove the steering head nut and the top bolts for each of the forks, are there any other nuts/bolts etc. I'll need to remove?

Are there any other pitfalls to be aware of?

What's the torque value of the triple clamp bolts and the steering head nut when reinstalling?

Thanks,

Matt
post #23 of 43 Old 06-26-2015, 02:14 AM
Stromthusiast!

Steering stem lock nut - 65lbf-ft; fork clamp bolts 17lbf-ft.
I haven't had to this yet, but can't you just raise the front wheel in the air, loosen the fork clamp bolts and drop the forks out of the top triple clamp, rather than removing the top triple clamp.
Solo Moto likes this.

DL1000A 2014
previously DL650K6

post #24 of 43 Old 06-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBouncer5150 View Post
After I remove the steering head nut and the top bolts for each of the forks, are there any other nuts/bolts etc. I'll need to remove?
Not that I recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu53 View Post
I haven't had to this yet, but can't you just raise the front wheel in the air, loosen the fork clamp bolts and drop the forks out of the top triple clamp, rather than removing the top triple clamp.
Sure. But I think removing the top triple clamp is easier, especially if you have the large socket.

2014 DL1000 Khaki
post #25 of 43 Old 06-27-2015, 05:56 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRIDR View Post
Not that I recall.

Sure. But I think removing the top triple clamp is easier, especially if you have the large socket.
I did the triple clamp removal and its easier than raising the front and dropping the forks. The stem nut is 1 1/4". Just be aware that a rubber mallet comes in handy when removing and replacing the triple clamp. It takes a bit of coaxing but it can be done without marring the forks.
post #26 of 43 Old 06-29-2015, 11:42 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Looking at the triple clamp set up, I can't tell if I need to remove the ignition switch or if it stays attached to the top triple clamp when removed. Also, its been a long while since I've worked on a triple clamp of any sort, so if I remember correctly, when I remove the fork clamps and steering stem nut, I can lift the triple clamp off without messing with any bearings or anything.

Any insight from those who have done the mod would be appreciated.

Matt
post #27 of 43 Old 05-15-2016, 11:11 PM
Stromthusiast!

I just wanted to thank the OP for this thread. I installed the Rox 2" risers today - not for the height, but to reduce my reach (they're at a 45 degree angle to the ground). Taking the top triple off and putting the clutch and brake hoses and the starter wiring behind the triple works great, and it was easy. Took maybe 1 hour.

Great idea, and great mod!
post #28 of 43 Old 12-16-2016, 12:55 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

If you were to get these for the rise would you have enough cable to do it, because from what i see everyone has them tilted back.
post #29 of 43 Old 04-23-2017, 06:16 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acme-Zoom View Post
I really wanted to install the 2" Rox risers in the V2 but the brake and clutch cables presented a problem. The thought of getting longer hoses and having to deal with brake fluid did not appeal to me at all. I was talking to Lynn and Bill down at Sanford Honda Suzuki and Lynn says just lift the top triple clamp and route the hoses and wires behind it. I'm thinking this can't possibly work it's to easy, so I give it a shot. It worked, I was really surprised how well and easy it was. This whole process took me 70 minutes because I went slow and could have used a second set of hands to hold the handle bars while lifting the top clamp and moving the hoses. Thanks Lynn you are a genius..

On the throttle cables I simply removed them from the upper wire cable restraint and just let them float free, and that does not seem to be a problem.
I bought 2" risers before I even researched how to put them on. Thankfully, I saw this post after I read that so many said it could not be done without extending/changing the cables! A friend of mine helped me put my on today. We dropped the forks out of the triple, slid the cables to the other side and tightened it all back up. Super easy! Thanks for sharing the info!
blz2dwl likes this.

Jes
2014 V-Strom DL1000

"Dress for the slide, not the ride!"
post #30 of 43 Old 06-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
My pivoting Rox risers keep on pivoting. Suggestions on best way to torque these babies down welcome. I keep thinking they are tight but a few miles on wash board road and drooping they are. Normal street they stay put. I can't move them without loosening. Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode