Givi has racks listed on the US website now - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-21-2014, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Givi has racks listed on the US website now

Just looking at Givi and they have 2014 racks listed but no "add to cart" yet.

DL1000 V-Strom '14'

I'm thinking about the BIG Trekker Outback side cases.. Hmmm....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Stromthusiast!

I fitted the topbox adapter (SR3105) the other day, which has just become available in the UK. There's a lot more to it than the simple adapter plate they produced for the DL650, with 4 plates, 4 spacers, 1 brace, 2 arms and the plate itself, along with enough bolts to hold it all together. Pretty straightforward to fit though. I put a Givi V47 on it - the angular lines really seem to suit the new bike's style.
post #3 of 11 Old 06-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
I fitted the topbox adapter (SR3105) the other day, which has just become available in the UK. There's a lot more to it than the simple adapter plate they produced for the DL650, with 4 plates, 4 spacers, 1 brace, 2 arms and the plate itself, along with enough bolts to hold it all together. Pretty straightforward to fit though. I put a Givi V47 on it - the angular lines really seem to suit the new bike's style.
Sounds similar to the system they have for the Concours 14 which is extremely robust. This bike definitely needs something strong.

2014 khaki V2
01 KTM LC4 640 Enduro

post #4 of 11 Old 06-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Banned

Thumbs up GIVI Luggage racks

Givi Luggage racks look good.

SR3105 Plastic Top Case plate:

SRA3105 Alloy Top Case plate:

PLR3105 RAPID RELEASE Pannier Frames (on):

PLR3105 RAPID RELEASE Pannier Frames (off):

See more here: http://apairofstroms.wordpress.com/2...4-accessories/

Last edited by zedex9r; 06-24-2014 at 08:08 AM.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I ordered the racks from Italy and arrived here in Chicago in 5 days. MotoStorm: Abbigliamento Moto e Accessori
post #6 of 11 Old 06-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Stromthusiast!

Is there room to mount an E360 case on the right side? The exhaust looks like it might be in the way.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

Givi Top Box Adapter is now Available in US

Hi guys. Just got this reply from Givi USA:

Thank you for contacting GIVI USA. We appreciate the interest you have shown in our products. The SR3105 is available and in stock in our Charlotte facility. As for the MG3105 it is not yet available.

Best regards,
GIVI USA

The MG3105 is the rear tire hugger that is listed on European sites but not in US. Hope that becomes available too as Suzuki left it off our new V-Stroms.

Looks like I'll be ordering the top plate adapter for Monokey Top Box along with the N47 top box. With the aluminum insert and angular shape it should look good with the OEM boxes.

Received the oem side cases today but no top and bottom adapters. Not sure what to think of Suzuki. Both were ordered when I bought the bike in March. Now I have side cases but no way to hook them up!

Later
FastLane
post #8 of 11 Old 06-29-2014, 10:49 AM
TRM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeskjob View Post
I ordered the racks from Italy and arrived here in Chicago in 5 days. MotoStorm: Abbigliamento Moto e Accessori
Including the 29 eur shipping, their prices are still cheaper than the US retailers? I did a quick search, and there were some examples of getting dinged for import duties & fees afterwards that would make it more expensive. Did you have any issues like that?

I'm in desperate need of a tank bag, and am getting tired of all the delays on the SW-Motech one I have on order.

thanks, TRM
post #9 of 11 Old 06-29-2014, 06:34 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRM View Post
Including the 29 eur shipping, their prices are still cheaper than the US retailers? I did a quick search, and there were some examples of getting dinged for import duties & fees afterwards that would make it more expensive. Did you have any issues like that?

I'm in desperate need of a tank bag, and am getting tired of all the delays on the SW-Motech one I have on order.

thanks, TRM
I've got a Wolfman Ranier tank bag and love it.

2014 khaki V2
01 KTM LC4 640 Enduro
post #10 of 11 Old 06-30-2014, 11:22 AM
TRM
Stromthusiast!

Any pics of the Ranier on the vee2? I had a wolfman on my dr650 and it was great quality, just thought the tank ring approach would be cool an clean looking. But right now I just need a way to carry my bare minimum stuff. Thanks, TRM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode