Seat options? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-28-2014, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Question Seat options?

Having been out for a first ride on my new bike on Monday I came back with mixed feelings about the seat. The texture of the seat does not allow for much moving around without actually getting off it and repositioning myself. The seat on my old '06 Vstrom was much more comfortable. It might just be a question of allowing it to break in. I am curious about what other seats you guys have had on your bikes and how you liked them as I am sure the aftermarket will be producing them soon enough. I had a corbin on a Yamaha FZ1 for a while and while it was an improvement on the stock seat it was always a bit hard, so I don't know if I would go down that road again. Opinions please...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-28-2014, 08:32 PM
Stromthusiast!

Sargent will have one out soon. If you want to get something to help you move around a little easier you could go with a Coleman ATV seat cover which are $20 at WalMart

2014 khaki V2
01 KTM LC4 640 Enduro
post #3 of 19 Old 05-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Stromthusiast!

My Vee2 has 4000 km on it so perhaps the seat is broken in. I find it super comfortable and easy to scoot back and forth, hanging off the bike.

It's so natural, it's like a tall sport bike. Scraped the foot pegs for the first time the other day - WICKED!

post #4 of 19 Old 05-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Gehts View Post
My Vee2 has 4000 km on it so perhaps the seat is broken in. I find it super comfortable and easy to scoot back and forth, hanging off the bike.

It's so natural, it's like a tall sport bike. Scraped the foot pegs for the first time the other day - WICKED!
I guess backsides are like finger prints because I find the seat way to hard.

2014 khaki V2
01 KTM LC4 640 Enduro
post #5 of 19 Old 05-28-2014, 10:33 PM
$tromtrooper

The seat is hard, but I find it more comfortable than my Wee for extended rides.
To each ass his own.:mrgreen:
post #6 of 19 Old 05-29-2014, 07:00 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirosyd View Post
The seat is hard, but I find it more comfortable than my Wee for extended rides.
To each ass his own.:mrgreen:
I feel it is softening up a touch and along with the suspension bedding in I find I can now flatfoot at least with one foot.

The seat texture was an issue, but having now got used to the idea of not needing to put the knee down I find the non-slip finish is not an issue either.
post #7 of 19 Old 05-29-2014, 10:25 PM
Stromthusiast!

Seat & Pegs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Gehts View Post

I'll second that emotion! Seat feels great for the most part. As long as I get off and stretch every hundred miles or so I'm ok. Also find it easy to switch positions and hang off just a little if needed during aggressive riding. Have about 3K miles on Woody now and just scraped ends off both feelers on the foot pegs. Kind of caught me by surprise but both times were in ascending tight turn where the road kind of came up to me. Don't think it would be that easy if the road and turn was completely flat. Agree too that this feels pretty sporty but with extended wheel base it is not as quick to lay down in turns. Once there though it is very stable and predictable.
Produces what we called an extreme grin factor for those willing to push the limits a little :mrgreen:

Later

FastLane
post #8 of 19 Old 06-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Stromthusiast!

Sargent

I had a Sargent on my 07 DL1000 and absolutely loved it - never any hint of pain in the backside. Thew '14 seat is not as comfortable, but better than the stock 07 seat (for me anyway). Sargent has a sign-up on their site for early notification and special pricing on their new seat for the '14 model as soon as it is available. I signed up a few days ago and plan to buy one as soon as I get the notification.

Mike
post #9 of 19 Old 06-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Stromthusiast!

Riches Custom seats, with backrest''

2007 DL1000 with allot of Farkles
post #10 of 19 Old 06-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Stromthusiast!

I put a Bead Rider seat ( BeadRider – Beaded Motorcycle Seats ) on my wee and I love it. yeah it looks weird and feels a little slippery at first but that is easy to get used to. I just got back from a 4400+ ride with 1-700+, 2-600+ and 1-550 mile days and never had a problem with THAT part of my anatomy!:mrgreen: Edited to also say that the beadrider is on top of a Sargent seat, not the stock one. Does make a difference!

2009 Wee-ABS
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly" (Mae West)

Last edited by BluesCruiser; 06-08-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode