Test Ride & Review Of The New DL1000 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-27-2014, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Test Ride & Review Of The New DL1000

Hey guys, a little bit of harmless self promotion here of my video as I am sure a lot of you on this forum will be just as interested in how this bike performs as I was before I got the chance to ride it.

I got the chance to test ride the new Strom just over a week ago at a demo day that a local dealer put on. In fact, I rode it about an hour after having breakfast with some other Stromtroopers at the Australian V-Strom national gathering at Esk. I took it for a 30 minute ride (which was nowhere near long enough) and was pretty impressed by the feel of the bike.

The biggest thing I noticed was that it did not feel any bigger or heavier than my current 2008 DL650. In fact, due to the slimmer tank, if anything it felt slightly smaller and more nimble. And definitely a lot more powerful!

I am definitely considering it for my next bike.
Whenever that may be.
Anyway, check out the video below as I go into much more detail in that.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

Very we'll done.. Thank you---I could not agree more with your comments--my prior bike was a2007 Wee
post #3 of 7 Old 05-28-2014, 12:18 AM
Banned

Great review Mr Aus Adventure

I love the enthusiasm, it appears that the new 1000 gave you the same reaction as it did to me on my test ride

You have made the same mistake as I have now though!!

Every time you get on your bike you will now keep remembering just how good that short ride on the new 1000 was, and it will infect your every thought :mrgreen:

I still love my 650, but each time I go through a roundabout, or twisty road, I can't help but remember the awesome pull that the 1000 has, and need it again!

post #4 of 7 Old 05-28-2014, 09:42 AM
Stromthusiast!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

'12 vee, '07 bandit 1250s, '15 bmw f700gs

'08 suzuki gsxr (sold)
'11 wee, (sold)
'07 honda shadow aero (sold)
'06 honda shadow sabre (sold)
'07 honda shadow sabre (traded)
'01 honda valkyrie (sold)
'07 kaw meanstreak (sold)
'01 honda shadow ace (sold)
'71 (?) honda z50 trail (first bike, wish i still had)
post #5 of 7 Old 05-28-2014, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by altacan View Post
Very we'll done.. Thank you---I could not agree more with your comments--my prior bike was a2007 Wee
Thanks man, I am glad that you agree!
So, you have the new V2 now then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedex9r View Post
Great review Mr Aus Adventure

I love the enthusiasm, it appears that the new 1000 gave you the same reaction as it did to me on my test ride

You have made the same mistake as I have now though!!

Every time you get on your bike you will now keep remembering just how good that short ride on the new 1000 was, and it will infect your every thought :mrgreen:

I still love my 650, but each time I go through a roundabout, or twisty road, I can't help but remember the awesome pull that the 1000 has, and need it again!
So my enthusiasm showed then did it? ;-)

Yeah, I know what you mean, I love my 2008 Wee but this is just a whole new level of awesomeness, it just feels so much better and having that extra power definitely felt good.

"2014 V-Strom 1000 Pearl Glacier White (Pending)" So what's this about? Have you ordered one?
post #6 of 7 Old 05-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

Black SE model. Still waiting for top case-and I am now told the side stand extender will not be available-but have the handwarmers, decals, crashbars, side cases, stand and heated grips . I feel like a bit of a traitor to the Wee, but the Vee2 is a great bike for me!!
post #7 of 7 Old 05-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Aus Adventure View Post

So my enthusiasm showed then did it? ;-)

Yeah, I know what you mean, I love my 2008 Wee but this is just a whole new level of awesomeness, it just feels so much better and having that extra power definitely felt good.

"2014 V-Strom 1000 Pearl Glacier White (Pending)" So what's this about? Have you ordered one?
Not yet, but that will be the colour I am getting.

I am waiting on all the good accessories to become available first for the new 1000, Givi luggage/screen/crashbars etc and also waiting on the Akrapovic exhaust to be available before I get the new bike.

Want the bike set up from day one

The time frame is early Spring to upgrade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2014 strom review video , dl1000 review , v2 test ride

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode