Test Ride & Review Of The New DL1000 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-27-2014, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Mr Aus Adventure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
Posts: 130
Test Ride & Review Of The New DL1000

Hey guys, a little bit of harmless self promotion here of my video as I am sure a lot of you on this forum will be just as interested in how this bike performs as I was before I got the chance to ride it.

I got the chance to test ride the new Strom just over a week ago at a demo day that a local dealer put on. In fact, I rode it about an hour after having breakfast with some other Stromtroopers at the Australian V-Strom national gathering at Esk. I took it for a 30 minute ride (which was nowhere near long enough) and was pretty impressed by the feel of the bike.

The biggest thing I noticed was that it did not feel any bigger or heavier than my current 2008 DL650. In fact, due to the slimmer tank, if anything it felt slightly smaller and more nimble. And definitely a lot more powerful!

I am definitely considering it for my next bike.
Whenever that may be.
Anyway, check out the video below as I go into much more detail in that.

Cheers.

Mr Aus Adventure is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 05-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
altacan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 87
Very we'll done.. Thank you---I could not agree more with your comments--my prior bike was a2007 Wee
altacan is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 05-28-2014, 12:18 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,121
Great review Mr Aus Adventure

I love the enthusiasm, it appears that the new 1000 gave you the same reaction as it did to me on my test ride

You have made the same mistake as I have now though!!

Every time you get on your bike you will now keep remembering just how good that short ride on the new 1000 was, and it will infect your every thought :mrgreen:

I still love my 650, but each time I go through a roundabout, or twisty road, I can't help but remember the awesome pull that the 1000 has, and need it again!
zedex9r is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 05-28-2014, 09:42 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
duchess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: north central texas
Posts: 817
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

'12 vee, '07 bandit 1250s, '15 bmw f700gs


'08 suzuki gsxr (sold)
'11 wee, (sold)
'07 honda shadow aero (sold)
'06 honda shadow sabre (sold)
'07 honda shadow sabre (traded)
'01 honda valkyrie (sold)
'07 kaw meanstreak (sold)
'01 honda shadow ace (sold)
'71 (?) honda z50 trail (first bike, wish i still had)
duchess is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 05-28-2014, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Mr Aus Adventure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by altacan View Post
Very we'll done.. Thank you---I could not agree more with your comments--my prior bike was a2007 Wee
Thanks man, I am glad that you agree!
So, you have the new V2 now then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedex9r View Post
Great review Mr Aus Adventure

I love the enthusiasm, it appears that the new 1000 gave you the same reaction as it did to me on my test ride

You have made the same mistake as I have now though!!

Every time you get on your bike you will now keep remembering just how good that short ride on the new 1000 was, and it will infect your every thought :mrgreen:

I still love my 650, but each time I go through a roundabout, or twisty road, I can't help but remember the awesome pull that the 1000 has, and need it again!
So my enthusiasm showed then did it? ;-)

Yeah, I know what you mean, I love my 2008 Wee but this is just a whole new level of awesomeness, it just feels so much better and having that extra power definitely felt good.

"2014 V-Strom 1000 Pearl Glacier White (Pending)" So what's this about? Have you ordered one?
Mr Aus Adventure is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 05-28-2014, 10:19 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
altacan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 87
Black SE model. Still waiting for top case-and I am now told the side stand extender will not be available-but have the handwarmers, decals, crashbars, side cases, stand and heated grips . I feel like a bit of a traitor to the Wee, but the Vee2 is a great bike for me!!
altacan is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 05-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Aus Adventure View Post

So my enthusiasm showed then did it? ;-)

Yeah, I know what you mean, I love my 2008 Wee but this is just a whole new level of awesomeness, it just feels so much better and having that extra power definitely felt good.

"2014 V-Strom 1000 Pearl Glacier White (Pending)" So what's this about? Have you ordered one?
Not yet, but that will be the colour I am getting.

I am waiting on all the good accessories to become available first for the new 1000, Givi luggage/screen/crashbars etc and also waiting on the Akrapovic exhaust to be available before I get the new bike.

Want the bike set up from day one

The time frame is early Spring to upgrade
zedex9r is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
2014 strom review video , dl1000 review , v2 test ride

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome