Headlights - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Headlights

I just got my first chance to ride at night. A one hour ride home on highway and rural paved roads. I hated my '11 Wee's high beams. If I remember correctly, they did not feel like they were aimed correctly. I never got them checked, but the high beams were pretty useless. On the Vee2, the high beams did their job well. The light covered a large area, and really lit up everything in front of me. The low beams worked well, as did the low beams on my Wee. The dashboard was easy on the eyes and all important indicators were easy to read.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 08:58 AM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for the info. Good to know.

I do a lot of night riding so excellent head lights are a priority for me (live in a rural area). It is always hard to find good info on a bike/veh head lights prior to buying and trying them out myself.
post #3 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleytoulin View Post
Thanks for the info. Good to know.

I do a lot of night riding so excellent head lights are a priority for me (live in a rural area). It is always hard to find good info on a bike/veh head lights prior to buying and trying them out myself.
Tried them at night for the first time this week as well. Pretty good. An adjustment or two may improve, but more than adequate overall.

post #4 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Stromthusiast!

Some people who couldn't get both high & low beams adjusted right on their stroms (myself included) found that the headlight bulb was not seated properly in the light assembly. This can be seen by looking through the lens from the outside (light off).

"Older people who are reasonable, good-tempered, and gracious will bear aging well. Those who are mean-spirited and irritable will be unhappy at every period of their lives.

"Let each of use properly whatever strengths he has and strive to use them well. If he does this, he will never find himself lacking."

Marcus Tullius Cicero
44 B.C.

Last edited by PTRider; 05-08-2014 at 07:40 PM.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Stromthusiast!

you would think...

You would think that Suzuki, and the rest of the bike companies, could get this done correctly at the factory. Or, the dealers would at least check it out.
Like most things, in this country, if the light(s) turn on that is good....enough!

Mr. Pete----->
aging hippie
post #6 of 7 Old 05-10-2014, 10:05 PM
Stromthusiast!

I added the "Rigid" brand driving lights to my Standard Suzuki Adventure Package "Accessory Bars" using the Suzuki factory accessory driving lights bracket. They are LED's, supposed to be virtually indestructable and their 3"x3" Square shape fits perfectly in the loop area at the front of the bars. The Suzuki Dealer wired them directly to the battery & put the Button/Toggle On/Off switch on the left side of the dash. I wanted to see and be seen. They do both jobs exceedingly well. The driving lights were $170.00, the Suzuki brackets were $35.00 & one hour labor to install. I'm not comfortable with wiring stuff -so I leave it to the pros. Very pleased with the extra lighting. Backroad lighting and vision down the road are the best of any bike I've ever ridden. So far folks in cages are steering clear of me and not threatening to pull out in front of me. Just may be the lights or could be the general publics fear of the mighty 2014 V-Strom 1000.

2014 Black DL1000ABS - Adventure. Sold 2012 Fox Orange V-Strom DL650. Sold 2004 Black Suzuki V-Strom DL650. Since 2004 Owned Nothing But V-Stroms - DL or No Deal !!

www.wingsinthewind.net
post #7 of 7 Old 05-10-2014, 10:21 PM
Stromthusiast!

I'm gonna put a set of Cree lights in the loop area of my engine guards. I found a source for the super bright single LED version at only $60 per set

2014 khaki V2
01 KTM LC4 640 Enduro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode