Throttlemeister - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 05-07-2014, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Throttlemeister

Since this bike is so new it is hard to find anything for it yet. Thought I would ask it anyone has tried a Throttlemeister from a Wee or another bike on the Beak Strom to see if it will fit. My last 6 bikes have had one and I have found out already I need one. I can't ride very far without hand problems.

'14 V-Strom 1000A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 10-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Stromthusiast!

according to throttlemeister it seems to be the same.

I have a set for a vstrom lying around here somewhere, has a small scrape from knocking into a brick wall coming out the driveway though.
post #3 of 14 Old 10-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Stromthusiast!

oops, I just checked, it says goog till 2012, but unless suzuki went out of their way to change their handlebar end weight design, which I doubt, it should be the same.

post #4 of 14 Old 10-15-2014, 12:40 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Throttle Lock

I just put a garden hose washer / o-ring at the end of the grip between the bar end. Works great. Can adjust the tension by pushing in on the bar end.
If it gets sticky, a drop of WD40 or Tri-Flow will restore it.
post #5 of 14 Old 10-15-2014, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

The next week after I posted this, without a reply, I contacted Throttlemeister. The bike had just been out for a short time so they had no idea what would fit it so he sent me a Throttlemeister with the guts to 2 different sizes, a large and small. I phoned them back to let him know which one worked, can't remember which it was but I've been running it since May. It's more expensive than an O-ring but it works great. I just looked at their site and they still don't have our bike listed.

'14 V-Strom 1000A

Last edited by ST/SV; 10-15-2014 at 01:54 AM.
post #6 of 14 Old 10-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I used my old Kaoko throttle lock off old Strom works fine. the handlebar weights are the same.
post #7 of 14 Old 10-18-2014, 11:02 AM
Stromthusiast!

Bwana, sent you a pm a couple days ago.
post #8 of 14 Old 10-23-2014, 10:28 AM
TRM
Stromthusiast!

I have the factory hand guards and installed the Kaoko that should accommodate them. Didn't work very well, it would always end up with a large gap between the "friction ring" (gear looking threaded ring) and the "thrust washer" (flat black plastic ring).

I may have a solution, I found a rubber Slip Joint Washer at Lowe's (product 501765K) and have it next to the grip then the thrust washer then the friction ring. I think one with a 7/8's inch inside diameter would be a better fit, but so far so good.

I've had Kaoko's before on other bikes and always seemed to require some minor hardware store addition to get it to work. I'd be willing to switch it out for a Throttlemeister that can work with Hand Guards, since I think they work better. But this will work for now.

TRM on the northside of SA
post #9 of 14 Old 10-23-2014, 11:14 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRM View Post
I have the factory hand guards and installed the Kaoko that should accommodate them. Didn't work very well, it would always end up with a large gap between the "friction ring" (gear looking threaded ring) and the "thrust washer" (flat black plastic ring).

I may have a solution, I found a rubber Slip Joint Washer at Lowe's (product 501765K) and have it next to the grip then the thrust washer then the friction ring. I think one with a 7/8's inch inside diameter would be a better fit, but so far so good.

I've had Kaoko's before on other bikes and always seemed to require some minor hardware store addition to get it to work. I'd be willing to switch it out for a Throttlemeister that can work with Hand Guards, since I think they work better. But this will work for now.

TRM on the northside of SA
TRM,
I am not awfully handy, but did install the Kaoko throttle lock on my 14 Vee2 with O.E.M. handguards. The lock works perfectly. I did have to loosen the throttle and move it closer to the lock in order for it to work. I can only assume that you may need to fine tune it because it can and does work for me. Good luck, as Kaoko is not cheap.
post #10 of 14 Old 10-27-2014, 02:33 AM
Stromthusiast!

Anybody try the GoCruise? I am shopping for a V and came upon one with this $20 feature today....owner liked it very much:
Go Cruise Throttle Control - webBikeWorld
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode