Suzuki Grip Heaters - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-30-2014, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Suzuki Grip Heaters

I had them installed by the dealer yesterday. They(we) followed the instructions exactly so I could give an accurate report of what to expect.

The fuel tank, air filter and air box must be removed. The wiring connection is located under the air box - a 2-wire connector with a White, and a Black/White wire.

There is enough slack in the wiring attachment, routing and harness in general that installation is relatively easy.

Everything is supplied including a new throttle tube, excepting grip cement. Scraping the previous grip cement from the LHS grip is a bit of a chore.

The switch bracket is an L-shaped stamping which is installed on the LHS mirror perch. Overall a nicely engineered elegant accessory.

The job took 1-1/2 hours. Doing it for the 2nd time, maybe 1 hour would be sufficient.

The heating effect is very good, and is concentrated somewhat on the outward side of the grips. Effective from what I experienced.

JohnB

2015 BMW F650GS
2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000SEA
2013 Honda Giorno
1981 Honda Gyro
1975 Honda CT90 Trail
1974 Honda CB450K7
1968 Honda CB450K1
1964 Honda CB77 Superhawk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-01-2014, 08:36 PM

You can do the install with the air box in place. I did my own and it looked like the clamp for the front throttle body was going to be a bitch to get at. I dropped the radiator mounting bolts but left the hoses in place, push the rad down a bit, which gives enough wiggle room to get at the attachment plugs. Easy going from there.

As noted, no grip cement with the kit but raid the Wife’s beauty supplies or the local drug store for some “Super Hold” hairspray, pump style bottle, not aerosol. The stuff takes a couple of hours to ’set’ but when it does, it’s like frickin’ crazy glue. Unmovable!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode