Where to get mirror extenders? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 04-29-2014, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Where to get mirror extenders?

OK. Had a good ride today. Couple of hundred kms. Twisty roads and the young filly loved it. She wanted to gallop but I could only let her trot. Soon gal, soon.
I did notice no matter how much I adjusted the mirrors I could not see the car behind me. So, extenders. Where to get in Canada? Also got a bit of shoulder ache after a while (that's the old fart's body talkin) so I am thinking risers are in the plan now. Also where to get and will I have any probs with the cables coming up short?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 04-29-2014, 10:21 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

AdventureTech, LLC. - Home

2012 DL1000 Adventure (Tinkerbell)
PC-V, TRE, CR8EIX , ECM, K&N, RDL, PR4, PC-8, EB H4, WERKS, Madstad 22", 17/43 gearing, [COLOR="Navy"]AdventureTech: Fork brace, shelf, mirror extenders, SpeedoDRD, wheel spacer, Head's-Up voltage monitor, [/COLOR]Goldwing pegs, Sonic 1.1, Wolo Bad Boy, ExTuff Helmet Hook.
post #3 of 25 Old 04-30-2014, 01:32 AM
Stromthusiast!

+1 I put AdvertureTech mirror extenders on my wee a few weeks ago - what a difference it made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post

post #4 of 25 Old 04-30-2014, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Still asking about Canadian distributors. The shipping and other charges double the price for me.
post #5 of 25 Old 04-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Stromthusiast!

I installed the Suzuki mirror extenders and they work great. Ordered through the dealer, $87 and 100% improvement.
post #6 of 25 Old 04-30-2014, 01:42 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Gehts View Post
I installed the Suzuki mirror extenders and they work great. Ordered through the dealer, $87 and 100% improvement.
Same deal here, extremely well made and work well. Unfortunately, pretty pricey.
post #7 of 25 Old 04-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Stromthusiast!

+2 on AdventureTech. Send them an e-mail and they will happily "Parcel Post" or whatever it's called in Canada, your items through regular mail. I wouldn't expect shipping to be more than $10 or so. AdventureTech ships worldwide and will try and find you the cheapest option.
post #8 of 25 Old 04-30-2014, 02:08 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRandy View Post
+2 on AdventureTech. Send them an e-mail and they will happily "Parcel Post" or whatever it's called in Canada, your items through regular mail. I wouldn't expect shipping to be more than $10 or so. AdventureTech ships worldwide and will try and find you the cheapest option.
If we are talking about the 2014 Vee2, I do not see where AdventureTech is selling mirror extenders for this model. Whether or not the mirror extenders for Vstrom 1000 prior to 2014 will fit I do not know.
post #9 of 25 Old 04-30-2014, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

We have A Vicious Cycle here in Canada. I have Oxfords and Barkbusters on the way from them. I will call and see what they say.
post #10 of 25 Old 04-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Stromthusiast!

Do the Barkbusters fit the new Zuke? There's not much real estate available on the bars for mounting virtually anything.

I'd be interested if they fit as the Suzuki hand guards are akin to a screen door on a submarine - keeps the fish out. In this case, deflects the wind but will break the first or second time the bike goes down. And if you're riding in the woods, they surely will.

I had the Oxfords installed though. I use them every morning and they work great here on Ice Planet Hoth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode