The buffeting and windscreen thread for the 2014-2016 DL1000A, the only one! - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 908 Old 05-14-2014, 11:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

I am 6'-2" and 300 lbs. I get no buffeting with the stock windscreen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 908 Old 05-15-2014, 10:29 PM
Stromthusiast!

Hi OR-Strom,

I sent you a PM earlier today. Are you anywhere near Eugene OR?

Thanks!
post #23 of 908 Old 05-17-2014, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
The Original Givi Airflow (AF3105) is now available in The Netherlands €122,00 = $ 167,00). I get my Airflow next week. When I have it, I'll put a picture.

Sale reference deleted. All sales posts must be in the For Sale forum or local flea market thread. GW

Greet,

Peter

Last edited by greywolf; 05-17-2014 at 09:09 PM. Reason: sale post outside of marketplace

post #24 of 908 Old 05-18-2014, 04:27 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Gehts View Post
Hi OR-Strom,

I sent you a PM earlier today. Are you anywhere near Eugene OR?

Thanks!
PM replied to. I'm 3 hours north.
post #25 of 908 Old 05-28-2014, 09:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

Madstadt and Different Windscreen

While I haven ridden a new DL1000 as of yet, I've sat my derrière on a few. My take on the new design is while it isn't a barn-burner, it is an improvement of sorts. One thing I do see that I would've liked different is for a little more wind protection from the fairing/windscreen combination. Perhaps I'll get to take a test ride soon and find the design to be better at this than it appears to be in a static state.

In any event, I'll stick with my long time rule of not buying the first model year of a new design.
post #26 of 908 Old 05-29-2014, 06:04 AM
Stromthusiast!

I've mentioned in another thread that the standard screen and 'fairing' provide good protection from the weather, even including the hands (no guards yet).

I confirmed that today when I mounted my camera on a Ram mount from the clutch master cylinder. The microphone hardly picked up any wind noise, unlike when helmet mounted, so the air is being deflected quite effectively.
post #27 of 908 Old 05-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santah View Post
I've mentioned in another thread that the standard screen and 'fairing' provide good protection from the weather, even including the hands (no guards yet).

I confirmed that today when I mounted my camera on a Ram mount from the clutch master cylinder. The microphone hardly picked up any wind noise, unlike when helmet mounted, so the air is being deflected quite effectively.
I agree but I think some people mistake wind noise for buffeting so they end end looking thru a windshield that looks like it came off a 52 Buick

2014 khaki V2
01 KTM LC4 640 Enduro
post #28 of 908 Old 05-29-2014, 09:06 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Mountain View Post
I agree but I think some people mistake wind noise for buffeting so they end end looking thru a windshield that looks like it came off a 52 Buick
I agree also.
I had a chance to test ride the new Vee. I am 6'2".
There was some wind noise, not bad and definatelly non of that "head in a paint shaker" business that I had with my 08 Wee when I first got it.
Fixed at first by removing the screen entirely and then later adding a Madstad and Vstream screen. Wind noise is NOT buffeting.
post #29 of 908 Old 06-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Mountain View Post
I went a stage further and swung the camera in so that it was behind the screen. NO wind noise at all and all I could hear was the motor. So with what I've found with the deflection of rain/showers, I reckon the screen does a pretty good job. As mentioned above, a bit of wind noise around the helmet is not buffet.
post #30 of 908 Old 06-02-2014, 10:03 AM
$tromtrooper

I agree with the posters above. My '11 Wee did have buffeting, and the Givi adjustable windshield took care of that perfectly. My '14 Vee2 gives me NO buffeting. I am 5'8" tall with a 29"+ inseam. It does however, give me great air circulating around my chest region that is refreshing!. I do not believe I will need any aftermarket windshields.

Last edited by chirosyd; 06-02-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode