5 year warranty - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-28-2014, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

5 year warranty

Question? my dealer offered me a 5 year Suzuki warranty for $600. on my new Vee2. I NEVER take any warranties on principle, and have never regretted it. That said, $600. is relatively cheap for five years. What say you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-28-2014, 09:04 AM
Stromthusiast!

If you're going to keep the bike for 5 years, and don't mind being tied into the servicing schedule the handbook requires, and you think you'll get $600 of repairs / peace of mind, then it might be worth it.

Does any third parties offer a similar insurance that you can compare the cost with?
post #3 of 8 Old 03-28-2014, 09:44 AM
Stromthusiast!

if your planning and serious amount of winter riding, get it

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

RandyO
IBA# 9560
07 Strom 1k (8x,xxx miles)
99 SV650 (135,006 miles)
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
www.gbhsurvey.com

post #4 of 8 Old 03-28-2014, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

I just found out that dealers do discount Suzuki extended warranty. Best price so far $525. for four additional years after the Suzuki one year warranty runs out. I may purchase a deal like this, especially for a new model bike. I am not a fan of non-brand name insurances or warranties, as they are only as good as the company. I would be comfortable with Suzuki ( hopefully!), as it their brand of bike.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

Extended warranties are usually more of a service agreement. Few if any are the same as the 1 year warranty your Suzuki comes with. Read it and decide for yourself if it covers enough stuff to be worth having. Unlike your original warranty, most of these aftermarket warranties ( including Suzuki's ) won't cover nearly as much stuff as your original warranty. For instance, if your paint starts peeling off the rims will this warranty pay for that?

If all of us here put $525 in the bank when we bought our V Stroms, very few would ever spend more than that on non maintenance repairs! They make money on extended warranties pure and simple. That is fine, and if the peace of mind is worth $525 to you then there is nothing to say but get it.

'12 DL 650 '14 BMW R 1200 RT

WERKS modified clutch baskets for DL and SV 1000's.
The BEST in chudder control, noise control, and lasting durability! AVAILABLE HERE: www.werksparts.com

Have questions about the clutch in your DL or SV 1000? E-mail Terry [email protected]
post #6 of 8 Old 03-28-2014, 10:20 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
They will wear you out with unnecessary maintenance I bet. I am with you on it being a first year model but I doubt that engine or transmission will give you any trouble. Their might be smaller unforeseen problems that might creep up but I wouldn't count on the warranty covering them. I had a 5 year warranty on my 08 gsxr 1000 and beat it to death without a hiccup. Remember it is a Suzuki.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-28-2014, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd419 View Post
They will wear you out with unnecessary maintenance I bet. I am with you on it being a first year model but I doubt that engine or transmission will give you any trouble. Their might be smaller unforeseen problems that might creep up but I wouldn't count on the warranty covering them. I had a 5 year warranty on my 08 gsxr 1000 and beat it to death without a hiccup. Remember it is a Suzuki.
You are right! And so is Realshelby. Thanks for the input, and saving me $
5-600. I typically have good luck with these things. The best line is:
"remember it is a Suzuki". Three years and 28k miles with my '11 Wee, not a single problem. Hoping the Vee2 will be the same.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Stromthusiast!

NO!

Unless you plan on driving this bike a LOT I would not waste your money. If anything is going to go wrong it will in the first six months. Everything is good today...even a Vespa!!
If something does go wrong it will be a ware item and that will not be covered.
Take the five hundred dollars and go on a nice long trip on your bike and enjoy yourself.

Mr. Pete----->
aging hippie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode