Looking to get a new VSTROM 1000 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-15-2014, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Looking to get a new VSTROM 1000

I have been lurking around this site and pretty much decided to go with the 2014 VStrom 1000. I see one on eBay for $11498 out the door. I would get it if I didn't have a trade to deal with. I guess my question is are these things going to be discounted that much all over or is this some kind of fluke? My dealer said he should have one in by April.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-15-2014, 08:45 PM
$tromtrooper

OverDose,
I believe there may not be an excessive number of Vee2's delivered to dealers. I believe the demand is high now and production/delivery may not be able to keep up. My dealer, Sportline in Queensbury, told me today that he only ordered 3-4 Vee2's for the season. I can't imagine that dealers will be discounting these for a while.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-15-2014, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirosyd View Post
OverDose,
I believe there may not be an excessive number of Vee2's delivered to dealers. I believe the demand is high now and production/delivery may not be able to keep up. My dealer, Sportline in Queensbury, told me today that he only ordered 3-4 Vee2's for the season. I can't imagine that dealers will be discounting these for a while.
That's what I thought. Seems to good to be true.

post #4 of 7 Old 03-15-2014, 09:59 PM
Stromthusiast!

It just depends. Some dealers discount their stuff from day one. It's their MO. Others list bikes on the floor at MSRP. My multi-line local dealer does the latter, but they will deal if you are serious. And if I remember, when the new Wee came out in 2012, there was a heavy demand up until around August or so. But then Suzuki caught up and the rest is history; there are still 2012 leftover Wees out there. It will be interesting to find out how many new Vees the factory is planning to produce compared to the new 650 in 2012. They might sell the same percentage (or more) of new 1000s that are manufactured (compared to the new 650 in 2012), but they might make far less new 1000s than they did new 650s in 2012. If so, the number of available bikes this season might be far less than the Glee even.

06 V-Strom DL650

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 7 Old 03-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Stromthusiast!

Romney Cycle in W VA, the dealership Dirt Dad recommends, is listing them at $11,450 OTD. It can be done.

06 V-Strom DL650

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #6 of 7 Old 03-16-2014, 08:22 AM
Stromthusiast!

my guess...

If the new 1000 works out I am sure it will put a dent in the number of 650 sales.

Mr. Pete----->
aging hippie
post #7 of 7 Old 03-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

My local dealer said he will match the $11,450 OTD price. I'm going to place a deposit and get it on a contract-When I do I'll post the dealer name. Apparently, that price is doable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode