ECU Flash - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

ECU Flash

After seeing a short on a Yoshi aftermarket on the V2 and lovin the sound I was wondering weather it will need an ECU flash as is needed a lot of times with our leaned out NA setups. Will there be one available or do you have to go the whole Power Commander route?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 12:01 PM
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

I suspect the new DL 1000 will come with no fueling issues at all. If they can get it as good as the DL 650 there won't be a need for reflashing or a Power Commander just to get it to run properly. Adding aftermarket pipes or other parts might make the changes helpful.

With the all new cylinder head design with dual plugs, all new throttle body/injector setup I think they can get it right this time.

'12 DL 650 '14 BMW R 1200 RT

WERKS modified clutch baskets for DL and SV 1000's.
The BEST in chudder control, noise control, and lasting durability! AVAILABLE HERE: www.werksparts.com

Have questions about the clutch in your DL or SV 1000? E-mail Terry [email protected]
post #3 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadRide View Post
After seeing a short on a Yoshi aftermarket on the V2 and lovin the sound I was wondering weather it will need an ECU flash as is needed a lot of times with our leaned out NA setups. Will there be one available or do you have to go the whole Power Commander route?
Added a Akra exhaust to my 650, and no need to flash.

The new 1000 will be the same.

post #4 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 05:03 PM
Stromthusiast!

Nobody knows the answer to this one yet and its a good question. From the pics I have seen the new Vee is now coming with closed loop efi. It has an oxygen sensor on the front pipe. Usually this means its set lean and should run OK, since the ECU will be getting emisions feedback like modern cars. But it also could mean reflashing and tuner usage may not be as straight forward as before.

The new Vee will be a game changer...hopefully for the better. The new EFI is a reason I am waiting for some eager beta testers to let us know how good/bad it runs. Otherwise I would already have my money on deposit.

Is the wee closed loop?

2000 Red Honda XR 400r
2003 Green Honda Rincon 650 ATV

If it is not broken, it can still be fixed
post #5 of 8 Old 02-27-2014, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

My NTX came right off the lot running poorly due to leanness. When I threw on a Mistral it got even worse. Guzzi Tech Todds reflash, PC5 and Autotune completely cured it. Of course it wasn't cheap.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Stromthusiast!

The ECM will be perfect as it was on the old DL, the problem being the De Tuned L twin had superbike heads and terrible emissions when dumbed down. The New model has every improvement to rid the engine of past faults mainly its fully designed for purpose. The new 1000 comes with a lot of items sourced from the street Gixers. You will have a 32 bit computer, electronic idle (finally), ten hole injectors (Was 4), iridium plugs x 4, Suzuki's SET butterfly after the Cat converter and I think it will have two O2 sensors. All to meet emission and noise level marks set down for Euro 3 compliance. But the improvements come with downside complication. The SET valve is a poor bit of engineering and lasts about 5 years.(Google SET problems) but Kwakas, Honda and BMW have the same problems. Either the plastic gears strip or the valve corrodes, jams and wont close sending an F1 warning. The O2 sensors require replacement at 50,000 miles and cost a bit (guessing $100 each) The catalytic converter is around $800 if you crack it on a rock. So rock protection for the full underbelly is a must. But it will work as designed, stump pulling low down power, No farts and 2nd gear on demand wheelies if you like that sort of thing. It will put a smile on your dial.
Now for the other questions (Future threads to come)
1/- what tires are best
2/- Don't ask about oil outside of https://www.stromtrooper.com/maintena...il-thread.html GW
3/- Does it run a 530 chain and if not can I convert to one
4/- what Aftermarket screen removes Buffeting
5/- can I use ordinary PULP instead of Premium
6/- Will an aftermarket exhaust improve the performance at the top end
7/- How do I turn off the ABS
8/- < fill in Blanks>

Last edited by greywolf; 03-03-2014 at 01:18 PM.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Stromthusiast!

Answer #7 - remove ABS fuse shuts off the ABS
post #8 of 8 Old 03-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedex9r View Post
Added a Akra exhaust to my 650, and no need to flash.

The new 1000 will be the same.
My mechanics thinks I need a re-map or PC as there is a slight flat spot on acceleration on my 650.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode