VIDEO- 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Second Ride - MotoUSA - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 02-20-2014, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Banned

VIDEO- 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Second Ride - MotoUSA

Good vid from MotoUSA from a second ride, looks like a good bit of dirt involved.

Big Vee II looks great on dirt.:w00t:

Last edited by FoxOrange; 02-20-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Stromthusiast!

Interesting to see how impressed he was with it offroad. Most of the reviewers said it was not very good offroad yet in their road test they never venture off the tarmac.....

Yeeeehaaaaaw!
post #3 of 14 Old 02-21-2014, 12:40 AM
Stromthusiast!

Another very good review, but another one also that underlines the unexciting aspect of the engine (fun, but not exciting...). This time I have the impression that it's a very "honest" comment, meaning that the bike could have benefited from a bit more power above 5500-6000 rpm without the need to have a 150hp engine.

Like some of us believe: the Vee2 seems to be a great bike, but if the suzuki engineers could have added 15 or event just 10 more hp (like the big Versys or the Super T), it would have been an amazing bike an nobody would have talked about the lack of excitement. Maybe the Vee3 in 12 years, when it will have an electrical engine...

post #4 of 14 Old 02-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Excellent video and thank you for posting. I thought it was an exceedingly informative review in how it spoke to the aspects of the bikes character, or in some ways, lack of same. So, it sounds like it'll be kinda dull as far as top-end rush goes. I am perfectly OK with that, since mine will be used for everyday use, commuting and getting into the backwoods rough-pavement twisties and fire roads on weekends. In other words, normal V-Strom stuff. And that's how V-Strom's are supposed to behave as far as I'm concerned.

So I'm quite happy to have confirmation that what I call the "lovingly predictable" qualities will carry forward, with updated technology and lots more low-end "grunt". Looking forward to picking up my Crimson Pigeon in roughly a month or month and a half...

"Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even usually surpassing knowledge." - E.J. Potter
post #5 of 14 Old 02-22-2014, 05:51 AM
Stromthusiast!

Want a rush...

If you want a "real" rush wait until you get your bill for your 10,000 mile check up on your BMW.

Mr. Pete----->
aging hippie
post #6 of 14 Old 02-22-2014, 07:16 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoopy View Post
Excellent video and thank you for posting. I thought it was an exceedingly informative review in how it spoke to the aspects of the bikes character, or in some ways, lack of same. So, it sounds like it'll be kinda dull as far as top-end rush goes. I am perfectly OK with that, since mine will be used for everyday use, commuting and getting into the backwoods rough-pavement twisties and fire roads on weekends. In other words, normal V-Strom stuff. And that's how V-Strom's are supposed to behave as far as I'm concerned.

So I'm quite happy to have confirmation that what I call the "lovingly predictable" qualities will carry forward, with updated technology and lots more low-end "grunt". Looking forward to picking up my Crimson Pigeon in roughly a month or month and a half...
It reminds me comments on CBF1000 ( which has detuned engine of CBR1000) where people were asking why not more HP (it has about 100, which is down from 175HP) and when I test rode it it was just excellent for everyday road use. Exceptional torgue at the lower end.
post #7 of 14 Old 02-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpete64 View Post
If you want a "real" rush wait until you get your bill for your 10,000 mile check up on your BMW.
Have 2 buddy's that do all their own maintenance on their BMW's, hardly costs them a cent.

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Hector"

1997 Honda Valkyrie 1500 custom “Dolores”

post #8 of 14 Old 02-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

Good video! I don't care about the power. If it's an improvement on my Vee it's more than enough for me. The comments regarding the good suspension set-up was music to my ears!
post #9 of 14 Old 02-23-2014, 02:51 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully View Post
Good video! I don't care about the power. If it's an improvement on my Vee it's more than enough for me. The comments regarding the good suspension set-up was music to my ears!
One of the things that annoyed me about the 2007 I had was it was not as happy riding legally as it was riding illegally. I was constantly dropping a cog to keep it where it was happiest. This bike seems to have solved that.

The amount of times I use the top end HP would be very small in real life. Suzuki may not have designed a bike to impress the sports nuts but as a tourer it seems great.

2010 S10
post #10 of 14 Old 02-23-2014, 06:02 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post
One of the things that annoyed me about the 2007 I had was it was not as happy riding legally as it was riding illegally. I was constantly dropping a cog to keep it where it was happiest. This bike seems to have solved that.

The amount of times I use the top end HP would be very small in real life. Suzuki may not have designed a bike to impress the sports nuts but as a tourer it seems great.
I agree mate. It's not that I don't enjoy having surplus HP on tap it's just too easy to burn your license these days so a thrilling top end is just a waste in my book. I'd rather have the bulk of the torque spread across the power band where I do most of my riding....ie at mostly legal speeds.

Cheers,

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode