Saddle Bags and other goodies - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-09-2014, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Saddle Bags and other goodies

Hello all,
I have recently purchased a beakstrom/veek/vee2/dl1000/whatever other name you can think of. I decide to opt out of the oem crash bars, skid plate and luggage since I find some after market companies tend to make nicer products.

I will likely get pelican cases for my side luggage (caribou racks) and leave the top empty. The question I have is; is the new exhaust design going to create issues with aftermarket saddle bags (look at a side view of the oem bags and you see the exaust cut out). I wonder what the after market companies will come up with?

Question # 2 is when do company's generally start making aftermarket parts for a new generation? Will it be some time this summer/fall? This will be my first time buying a new bike so I have not experience this issue before.

Yeeeehaaaaaw!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-09-2014, 03:35 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xamdarb View Post
Question # 2 is when do company's generally start making aftermarket parts for a new generation? Will it be some time this summer/fall? This will be my first time buying a new bike so I have not experience this issue before.
Probably after you wanted to do a trip with the bike and their kit

I suspect that SW Motech will be one of the first with accessories, as with the Glee, some of the OEM kit looks rather similar.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-09-2014, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oop North John View Post
Probably after you wanted to do a trip with the bike and their kit

I suspect that SW Motech will be one of the first with accessories, as with the Glee, some of the OEM kit looks rather similar.
Yes your probably right!
The main thing I will need for my first trip is the luggage, first person to make the pelican case racks will have me as a customer.

For skid plate and bars, I have my eyes on a company based in Seattle I believe. Can't remember their name for the life of me... I like how they integrate the two.

Yeeeehaaaaaw!

post #4 of 4 Old 02-12-2014, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Got a very informative response from alt rider today (based in Seattle). They have been my favorite designer of after market armor for the old vstrom, tough, good looking and great integration between skid plate and crash bars.
The downside is what they told me in the e-mail, does not look like their will be anything for the new vstrom coming from them in the next little bit.

Hello Brad,

Unfortunately these parts will not fit the 2014. At this point our engineering and design department have a pretty full schedule for the next 4-6 months, and we do not currently have parts for the 2014 Suzuki V-Strom DL1000 in development. However we have a continuous development cycle where new parts are started on as others come into production, and we will be looking into adding parts for this bike to the schedule shortly. Are you subscribed to our newsletter? Our newsletter has information about new and developing products, as well as upcoming events and insider tips, and is the best way to keep up to date. To subscribe, go to altrider.com and click on the “create an account” link at the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Matt Ury

Administrative Assistant

4000 Aurora Ave. North

Seattle, WA 98103

AltRider.com | 206.922.3618

Altrider_Lockup_forweb

Yeeeehaaaaaw!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode