Allocation Issue - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-02-2014, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Allocation Issue

My local dealer on Vancouver Island in BC thinks an allocation (rationing) will be implemented. The demand is beyond expectations give the deals being signed. This may mean later delivery for those without deposits, however it's always great to have a motorcycle which is highly valued.

I spoke with the Twisted Throttle representative from home base in Rhode Island. He was at the Vancouver Motorcycle show. He said the aftermarket suppliers (mentioned Givi as an example) have had 2 1000s for study for about 6 months so the new products should be coming soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Stromthusiast!

If they're in such great demand whats with the reports of people already buying them at discounts? Most dealers aren't going to discount something that's in high demand. Hard to say if he's just being a salesman or if theres any truth to it.

Joe S.
'14 HD FLHR
'12 Concours
'11 DL650
'01 HD FXD
'09 HD XR1200
'79 BMW R100
post #3 of 6 Old 02-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Stromthusiast!

Maybe the dealers are cutting deals now to get sales. In one sense, the dealer probably doesn't care because delivery is beyond his control. If there is a shortage of bikes when they actually start showing up, there could be a lot of PO'd buyers if your dealer meant people who pre-ordered are going to have to wait a while for their bikes to show up. I believe that is when the demand will actually start (when the bikes are scarce) and then some dealers will ask closer to retail. Because right now, all you really have is an order, not necessarily a bike.

06 V-Strom DL650

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #4 of 6 Old 02-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Stromthusiast!

Back in 2008, I went to Orca Bay for my first test ride on the wee. At that time, the dealer said that they had an allocation of 24 wees and they were all sold by mid-summer. Of course, all that changed after 2008 and I'm glad that I waited.

I've had the same line from Holeshot about putting down a deposit on a vee2. With four color choices, I suspect that the preferred color (red) will sell out quickly. But I'm not really an early adopter. Give it a year and give them a chance to fix the bugs.

2013 Tiger Explorer 1200
2009 DL650 ABS
2004 Honda ST1300
post #5 of 6 Old 02-03-2014, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
If they're in such great demand whats with the reports of people already buying them at discounts? Most dealers aren't going to discount something that's in high demand. Hard to say if he's just being a salesman or if theres any truth to it.
I had already bought my red one the 1st week of January. Dealer said that Suzuki Canada called all dealers last week to confirm sales with deposits.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

I can confirm as my dealer told me he uploaded my deposit particulars to Suzuki Canada last week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode