2014 VStrom 1000 USA Delivery - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 01-02-2014, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

2014 VStrom 1000 USA Delivery

Spoke today to Suzuki USA. Got ahold of their marketing/sales guys to get a better date for delivery. They said April/May to all the US dealers. We'll see if that same message is conveyed at the IMS Cleveland in 3 weeks. Until then, I shall live vicariously on the bike through YouTube reviews.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2014 VStrom ADV 1000 - The VBeak!
See my life on the new VStrom at VBeak.Blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilS14 View Post
Spoke today to Suzuki USA. Got ahold of their marketing/sales guys to get a better date for delivery. They said April/May to all the US dealers. We'll see if that same message is conveyed at the IMS Cleveland in 3 weeks. Until then, I shall live vicariously on the bike through YouTube reviews.

That's what my dealer said a month or so ago when I gave my deposit. He added that Suzuki is "notoriously late" on their Spring delivery so more likely it'll be May. So that's what I'm planning for and if it's earlier then it'll just be a pleasant surprise.

Like you I'm looking forward to seeing it in person, for me it will be the D.C. IMS next weekend.

post #3 of 16 Old 01-02-2014, 07:44 PM
$tromtrooper

Guys,
You're just playing into Suzuki. We will lose all our leverage if they think we really like and want their new offering (lol).
My dealer is also skeptical as to the dated of its' arrival. Maybe they are fooling with our heads, and we will get a call in March that our bikes are in!

post #4 of 16 Old 01-02-2014, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Stoopy - take a bunch of close-up photos of the wheels, instrument panel, inside cases, etc etc. and post. Some good under seat shots would be nice too. Thanks if you can!!

post #5 of 16 Old 01-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Stoopy - take a bunch of close-up photos of the wheels, instrument panel, inside cases, etc etc. and post. Some good under seat shots would be nice too. Thanks if you can!!

Will do, count on it!
post #6 of 16 Old 01-02-2014, 09:22 PM
Stromthusiast!

Stoopy, If you can,please find out if it is running a 530 Chain. No bike over 750cc should run less than a 10,000 pound breaking strain chain. Suzuki are tight ass when it comes to final drives. I also note that the cooling system now runs Organic additive technology(OAT) long life coolant - Silicate, Borate & phosphate free. (Blue in color). Another small improvement as its good for 5years or 200,000 miles.
Thank you
post #7 of 16 Old 01-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderdownunder View Post
Stoopy, If you can,please find out if it is running a 530 Chain. No bike over 750cc should run less than a 10,000 pound breaking strain chain. Suzuki are tight ass when it comes to final drives. I also note that the cooling system now runs Organic additive technology(OAT) long life coolant - Silicate, Borate & phosphate free. (Blue in color). Another small improvement as its good for 5years or 200,000 miles.
Thank you
Interesting, I never realized that my inferior 525 chain on my 1000 should have broke by now, also the 2 chains I had on my previous 05.

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Hector"

1997 Honda Valkyrie 1500 custom “Dolores”

post #8 of 16 Old 01-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:

There are some shots like that here:
Essai Suzuki DL 1000 V-STrom : d?tails + portefolio [+19 photos] - Essai Suzuki DL 1000 V-STrom : Le maxi trail sans fioriture- Caradisiac Moto

Hope this helps.
post #9 of 16 Old 01-02-2014, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks. I like those a lot. Question: Is the 12volt outlet switched on/off with the ignition or is it "hot" all the time?

post #10 of 16 Old 01-03-2014, 03:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Interesting, I never realized that my inferior 525 chain on my 1000 should have broke by now, also the 2 chains I had on my previous 05.

You too Big B? Now I have something else to worry about. I figured the next couple thousand miles before I hit 100,000 miles on my 525 chain wearing P.O.S. would be a piece of cake. Now, I need to add the drive chain to my necklace of worry beads.

2000 Red Honda XR 400r
2003 Green Honda Rincon 650 ATV

If it is not broken, it can still be fixed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode