YARV (Yet Another Review Video) - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 116 Old 12-23-2013, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
YARV (Yet Another Review Video)

Doing the daily scour of YouTube to see if there are any new videos, this one popped up, uploaded a mere 2 hours ago. Haven't watched it yet myself, but it's 29 minutes long so hopefully it's worth viewing.

EDIT: 6 minutes into watching it I am compelled to post a warning, that ye be prepared to hear the word "Hiyabusa" about six million times in the course of the video. Apparently, in this guy's 35 years of riding experience, it seems the only bike he knows to compare against...and sounds like he's never been on a tall adventure bike before.

EDIT 2: All that being said it's interesting to hear how he seems to become more and more positive as it goes on. Cool!

Last edited by Stoopy; 12-23-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 116 Old 12-23-2013, 06:56 PM
$tromtrooper

Stoopy,
Great video by an "uninterested" party. You have to take this gentlemans opinion taking into account that he is a Hayabusa rider. He pretty much said what we all know from our Wees, Glees and Vees. Great light handling, great in the twisties, great midrange power on this one, and great front brakes. I would have to agree that my Wees rear brakes are also not great. Of course as this rider said a skid plate or cowling of some kind is important. For me, I have no need to turn off the abs, but I also rarely ride off pavement. Getting more excited as the early spring gets closer. Thanks Stoopy for the video.
post #3 of 116 Old 12-23-2013, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirosyd View Post
Getting more excited as the early spring gets closer...
As am I! I agree with you and I am tickled that the few negative points he found are really super easy to deal with, or not terribly negative at all. I got a kick of how the tone in his voice changed, he really seemed to "come 'round" in the end.

Plus, we finally got to see someone to do a wheelie, however small... :mrgreen:

"Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even usually surpassing knowledge." - E.J. Potter

post #4 of 116 Old 12-23-2013, 07:23 PM
Stromthusiast!

That muffler has to go though; it looks almost as big as the seat in this image.

06 V-Strom DL650

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 116 Old 12-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Banned

Thanks for the link Stoopy

Good to see the bike ridden out in the real world, and it's looking better and better.
post #6 of 116 Old 12-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Stromthusiast!

I think it sounds great with the stock can. Can't wait to ride one.

2013 Tiger Explorer 1200
2009 DL650 ABS
2004 Honda ST1300
post #7 of 116 Old 12-24-2013, 12:25 AM
Stromthusiast!

So I still wonder if the bike is "comfy" and if he rides a Hyabusa. Geez!

Agreed on the under cowl - but, you'd think the zillions of factory test miles would have vetted out the need for the cowl on normal street use - hence, it's optional.

Thanks for the video. It's nice to see it in action 3 months before my ADV arrives.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2014 VStrom ADV 1000 - The VBeak!
See my life on the new VStrom at VBeak.Blogspot.com
post #8 of 116 Old 12-24-2013, 07:31 AM
Stromthusiast!

left hand side...

I get "freaked out" watching this. Driving on the left hand side is something that would take me a while to get use too...if I did not get killed!

Mr. Pete----->
aging hippie
post #9 of 116 Old 12-24-2013, 07:35 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpete64 View Post
I get "freaked out" watching this. Driving on the left hand side is something that would take me a while to get use too...if I did not get killed!
I saved my wife more than once a few years ago when we went to London. She almost got killed a few times because she didn't look in the right direction before crossing the street. Love the English people, but they do drive on the WRONG side of the road.
post #10 of 116 Old 12-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

Had similar experiences , last year , although the other way round , I had always wanted to do a drive across America holiday , but last year, cured me of that , i drove from Memphis to New Orleans , most of it freeway , but still daunting
I Finished it with arriving in the main street of New Orleans at 5 pm peak hour time , pulled up outside the hotel , to drop the wife and luggage , mis judged and hit the curb right on the only metal grid around , tyre burst , then to top it of , I coul'nt find the spare , they had not told me that it was hidden in the chassis and only half has wide , also never told me you had to wind it from inside the car ,

After a hour or so of blocking traffic , lots of swearing , finally worked it all out jacked it up and watched it fall off the jack , more swearing finally got it fixed , rang the depot asked where they were , and lucky enough they were only 4-5 hundred yards up the road , the car went back , and myself cured off driving on the wrong side of the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode