New V Strom 1000 Accessories - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 12-20-2013, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

New V Strom 1000 Accessories

Hi guys

I'm awaiting my 14ADV version due sometime around March. I have the pricing for the bike, but I do not have pricing the Suzuki accessories. Namely, the new tank bag, heated grips, center stand, and the LED driving lights. The SuzukiCycles.com accessories area part of the website is not up to date and the new V Strom specific website doesn't give pricing. As well, the dealer has no info either.

Anyone have info here? Can't wait to see it all in person at the Cleveland IMS end of January!!

Phil

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2014 VStrom ADV 1000 - The VBeak!
See my life on the new VStrom at VBeak.Blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Stromthusiast!

I can give you 2 CDN prices having purchased the 1000SE model a month ago. The grip heaters (new design hurrah!!) are $225, and the LED driving lights are ~$545 but you will need the 'accessory bar' or equivalent. Suzuki has not released bike(s) to the aftermarket suppliers yet according to my local dealer.
post #3 of 15 Old 12-20-2013, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks man. If conversion holds true and they keep the same market pricing, that's about 210 for the grips and 510 (ouch) for the lights. Luckily the Adventure model comes with that accessory bar.

So, what's the quality like for both of those??

2014 VStrom ADV 1000 - The VBeak!
See my life on the new VStrom at VBeak.Blogspot.com

post #4 of 15 Old 12-21-2013, 03:34 AM
Stromthusiast!

twisted throttle..etc..

Talked to the guys from Twisted Throttle and they will have a bunch of "stuff" for the new 1000...like Trax boxes, etc.
These guys are bikers and have treated me very well over the years. Never a problem with any of their products.

Mr. Pete----->
aging hippie
post #5 of 15 Old 12-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

The dealer advised the previous grip heaters were roundly criticized by the dealers so the new design is wrap-around heat for example. We looked carefully at the lights on the dealer portion of the website and it appears they are to meet conditions worldwide.
post #6 of 15 Old 12-23-2013, 04:59 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilS14 View Post
Thanks man. If conversion holds true and they keep the same market pricing, that's about 210 for the grips and 510 (ouch) for the lights. Luckily the Adventure model comes with that accessory bar.

So, what's the quality like for both of those??

Yeah, Ouch! Those would have to be some deluxe grips for $210.

Oxford has their heated grips at Twisted Throttle for $60. I think I paid $80 a couple of years ago for my pair. Thinking of getting a spare set as the rubber is starting to wear on my Sport model.

I wonder if Eastern Beaver will do some of their wiring accessories for the new Vee. I have used Jim's products in the past for both my Wee and current Bandit 1250s and have found them to be real time savers. I suppose he'll have to get his hands on one to see what connectors are used.

2013 Triumph Tiger Explorer
post #7 of 15 Old 12-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Stromthusiast!

I'm sure....

I'm sure that there will be "tons" of stuff for the new 1000 just like there is for the "old" one.
Better start saving your $$$$$$$$.

Mr. Pete----->
aging hippie
post #8 of 15 Old 12-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Stromthusiast!

Is it my imagination or does the bash plate and crash bars on the models look like SW Motec?

The rider formerly known as ABStrom.
post #9 of 15 Old 12-27-2013, 12:15 PM
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin' it Strom View Post
Is it my imagination or does the bash plate and crash bars on the models look like SW Motec?
That's very possible. SW-Motech has been the manufacturer of some Suzuki branded accessories for years.

Pat- 2007 DL650A was ridden to all 48 contiguous states. I didn't quite make it to 17,000 miles on the 2012 DL650A.
Nicknames I use to lessen typing, Vee = 2002-2012 DL1000s. Vee2=2014-2016 DL1000s. Wee = 2004-2011 DL650s. Glee = 2012-2016 DL650s
See https://www.stromtrooper.com/general...nicknames.html

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at https://www.stromtrooper.com/informa...-you-have.html
post #10 of 15 Old 12-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolf View Post
That's very possible. SW-Motech has been the manufacturer of some Suzuki branded accessories for years.
You are correct. SW-MOTECH has been working with Suzuki and most of the othe motorcycle manufacturers for years. They make things like luggage, carriers, crashbars, skidplates and centerstands to OEM standards. Often times they then re-engineer them to an improved standard and sell under their own (SW-MOTECH) name.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode