vee-2 price in Vancouver Canada - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-10-2013, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ft, Langley B.C.
Posts: 31
vee-2 price in Vancouver Canada

Just found an ad for the new Vee on craigslist at a local dealer. 11999.00
bucketlist is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 11-10-2013, 10:59 PM
$tromtrooper
 
larolco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Langley, BC, Canada
Posts: 2,409
Yeah, just saw that too.

I wonder if it's actually in stock...

That's a lot of money for such a fugly bike. Too much unnecessary plastic stuff to break.

Wonder what it rides like...
And crashes like....

DL1000K6 Two wheels good; four wheels bad.
DRZ400SK17
larolco is online now  
post #3 of 11 Old 11-11-2013, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ft, Langley B.C.
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by larolco View Post
Yeah, just saw that too.

I wonder if it's actually in stock...

That's a lot of money for such a fugly bike. Too much unnecessary plastic stuff to break.

Wonder what it rides like...
And crashes like....
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally I really like it,and it certainly doesn't have any more plastic than the earlier year. In 2012 I paid 11500 for my new one year old Vee,only 499 less than a bike with a lot more going for it. Seems like a LOT of bang for the buck.Certainly a far better deal than the old model.
IMHO.
bucketlist is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 11-11-2013, 01:41 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Bugzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,156
They may have a demo bike or something. Or it may be one being passed between dealers. Motorcycle World said delivery would be April next year.

I want to sit on one to see how tall it is and how it feels. I don't think anyone can really pass judgement on it until they get up and touch it.

I think it looks fantastic.
Bugzy is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 11-11-2013, 01:31 PM
$tromtrooper
 
rodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fairfield, CA, USA
Posts: 710
Garage
In the U.S. at least, prices advertised by dealers don't mean much. They typically jack it up with various ridiculous add-on fees.

Rod
Orange Wee Club member #18
DL650K9 with Murphs center stand, SW Motech Rally crash bars, Madstad bracket, Dan Vesel luggage guard and tube,
Bestem top box, Nelson Rigg CL-850 saddle bags, Rapid Transit Abrams tank bag, Beadrider, SH-775 R/R
rodr is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 11-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
GlenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugMagnet View Post
They may have a demo bike or something. Or it may be one being passed between dealers. Motorcycle World said delivery would be April next year.

I want to sit on one to see how tall it is and how it feels. I don't think anyone can really pass judgement on it until they get up and touch it.

I think it looks fantastic.
Holeshot in Langley have one in their showroom. Going to take a run out there this afternoon and have a look.

Edit: false alarm. They bought a dealer promo bike that Suzuki is trucking around for dealer intro purposes, but the bikes won't be in stock until sometime in March

2013 Tiger Explorer 1200
2009 DL650 ABS
2004 Honda ST1300

Last edited by GlenT; 11-23-2013 at 04:11 PM.
GlenT is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 11-28-2013, 10:36 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver Island, BC
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenT View Post
Holeshot in Langley have one in their showroom. Going to take a run out there this afternoon and have a look.

Edit: false alarm. They bought a dealer promo bike that Suzuki is trucking around for dealer intro purposes, but the bikes won't be in stock until sometime in March
I think Canada is getting a break,...the dealer net prices were released Tuesday morning and I was sitting with the dealer when they were emailed. He believes the bike will be delivered near the end of February. Makes sense - the accessories are being shipped in January. BTW - to everyone on the website, the dealer will deliver the bike to my house by truck. There's a service expectation that should be universal IMHO.
Hellcat is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 11-30-2013, 01:59 AM
$tromtrooper
 
larolco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Langley, BC, Canada
Posts: 2,409
I was just at Holeshot yesterday. The salesman there said March delivery.

He said the bike they had there earlier will be the same one you'll see at the bike show.

I'm waiting for the demo day. Who knows when that will be?

DL1000K6 Two wheels good; four wheels bad.
DRZ400SK17
larolco is online now  
post #9 of 11 Old 11-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
CHIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Van, BC
Posts: 1,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by larolco View Post
I was just at Holeshot yesterday. The salesman there said March delivery.

He said the bike they had there earlier will be the same one you'll see at the bike show.

I'm waiting for the demo day. Who knows when that will be?
Demo days vary by manufacturer, but not likely until May at soonest.
CHIA is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 11-30-2013, 11:26 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
altacan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 87
delivery to Edmonton

Edmonton delivery is March too.
altacan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome