Fuel line replacement - Page 4 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 Old 04-23-2018, 09:31 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
My cross over line started leaking around 70,000 miles. I farmed out a valve check to a local shop and had them replace it while they had it that far apart.

When I did the fuel filter bypass on my 04 I tossed the stock line and replaced with FI rubber line. I didn't bother cutting out or reusing the stock quick connects I simply used hose clamps and it worked fine.

2004 DL650 "HMMVStrom"
1978 Suzuki GS1000 "Tennessee Hillbilly"
1982 Suzuki GS850G "Barnfind"
2008 MazdaSpeed 3

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8AHz-9CXcxNi5WlDOtYhPA
My channel ^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 04-23-2019, 12:32 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

My 2003 SV1000 had the injector rail hose split and spew gas all over my right boot and the rear of the engine and bike while running about 80 mph in the middle of almost nowhere Missouri. Thankfully the rear tire did not get greasy and I was able to pull off the road on a wide grassy shoulder. Just happened to be a house on the other side of the road. Not only was the guy home, but in true rural American fashion had a piece of gas line that fit, along with clamps! With the help of a couple of dual sport riders passing by, I was under way in about 2 hrs. Since replaced with new hose and clamps, and did the same on my '02 VEE.
DesertBike and Hatchi like this.
post #33 of 34 Old 04-24-2019, 08:55 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
So glad this thread is here, I know exactly what parts to pick up for the next time I have the tank off.

Perhaps it's a bit of Stockholm syndrome, but I find that once I've got the plastics undid enough to get the tank off, and have actually removed the tank...it's easy to convince myself to take off the airbox. So might do this job next time I put in a new air filter.

Last time I was in there, I remember looking at the rubber hose being discussed and thinking "gee that sure looks like you could swap it with stuff from the auto parts store."

Any time I can avoid ordering OEM parts whilst not sacrificing quality or safety, I'm OK with that.

post #34 of 34 Old 05-07-2019, 01:51 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richw View Post
When your on the expressway doing 80 and the hose splits and starts spraying raw fuel on to both the rear exhaust and the sparkplug at the same time and your package is the center of an 8 foot fire ball and do you impression of a Saturn 5 lifting off

Your family can't sue
Wondering about this too. Sold the SV with the bypass and FI hose and clamps. What if it fails for the new owner? Am I on the hook?

2012 Suzuki DL650AL2, over 45k miles already!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode