Windscreen spoiler, MRA too expensive? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 09-10-2019, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Windscreen spoiler, MRA too expensive?

So I am 6'6 and I already have a tall windscreen and the buffeting and wind noise in my forehead vents is real bad. I started looking at options. While I am sure the Madstad is great, at over $200 I can't afford that right now. I then saw the MRA spoilers but again at $130-140 for a small chunk of clear plastic and some hardware I about lost my mind. That's when I stumbled upon this, the Motoparty windscreen. Its a direct copy of the MRA and it ships from China via Amazon. Its $35 shipped. The first big deal was the MRA gets bad reviews because it doesn't include instructions or come assembled. The Motoparty comes also without instructions, however its assembled ready to install. It feels very high quality and very solid. When you throw the locking levers it doesn't budge. On the highway it doesnt flap or vibrate, it just does what its supposed to. I have it set to be just under eye level while cruising and I am sure I will tweak/experiment over the next few weeks, but its solving all my problems, much less wind noise, no buffeting, I can ride at 60MPH with my visor open and its comfortable. Highly recommended.

Rolex, Rollin' and Rides like this.

2007 Kawasaki KLR650 (Sold)
2007 Yamaha FZ6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Sold)
2003 Honda 919 (Sold)
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-10-2019, 11:07 PM
Stromthusiast!

The Givi Airflow is the best screen I have had on a strom. But it doesn't fall in your budget - unless someone has a used one you could buy.

2006 VStrom 1000
post #3 of 15 Old 09-10-2019, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwtom View Post
The Givi Airflow is the best screen I have had on a strom. But it doesn't fall in your budget - unless someone has a used one you could buy.
Honestly this thing works so good I am not looking for anything else anymore.

2007 Kawasaki KLR650 (Sold)
2007 Yamaha FZ6 (Sold)
2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Sold)
2003 Honda 919 (Sold)
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 1000

post #4 of 15 Old 09-10-2019, 11:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for the tip. I too was mind blown at the prices for plastic windscreens and accessories.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Delasangre likes this.
post #5 of 15 Old 09-10-2019, 11:57 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I have one of those chinese spoiler things. It works very well for me. Now if I could get some comfort out of the seat.

Last edited by RLBranson; 09-11-2019 at 12:44 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 09-11-2019, 01:48 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I think the reason the Givi screen works is it kind of wedges the air and speeds it up.

You maybe able to achieve something similar with that screen if you play around with it.

You could then have the screen lower but still have the air travel over the top. ??

I love it when people think outside the box, nobody wants to pay for a Givi but there is no doubt they work.
Delasangre likes this.

Some of the 19 rides in my shed
2014 V2, Snoopy
2009 Wee, Pumbaa the pig
WR450F, The Blue Postie Bike
YZ250N smoker with rego, Stinky.
Yamaha MT09 (FZ09), The Scud missile.
Club Lead not Club Med.
He with the most toys wins.
Out of my depth in a puddle.
Live life on the edge you will see more that way.
Ridding a motorcycle keeps things in balance.
At the end of each trail and at the end of each day history is made.
post #7 of 15 Old 09-11-2019, 08:09 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I have used a MRA spoiler on a different bike and the MRA XC Multi-X-Creen windshield on my DL and liked both a lot. I like the adjustability, could raise it when its cold, lower when warm and tilt it back to get more air flow across my helmet shield when its raining.

The MRA XC Multi-X-Creen windshield was damaged in a crash so I'm going to use the stock windshield and I recently ordered the Amazon spoiler, nice to see a good review on it.
Delasangre likes this.
post #8 of 15 Old 09-15-2019, 04:01 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Agreed. I have an older MRA. I've had a bunch of different windscreens on a variety of bikes. The wind management with the MRA is one of the best, especially if you do a lot if 75mph+ highway riding. Money well spent in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190915-120056_1568574093379.jpg (739.6 KB, 5 views)
Delasangre likes this.
post #9 of 15 Old 09-15-2019, 11:03 PM
Stromthusiast!

I've been pretty interested in trying out one of these extensions. My bike is a little unique though. The front end of my V-Strom is quite unlike any other.
Still, I'd like the opinion of folks who have tried them. My current windshield comes high enough that it requires good posture for me to see over it. If I add a spoiler, I would think I would need to cut the screen down a bit, which is no big deal. I've cut numerous screens, including this one. So, the question: what is the difference in height from the top of your screen to the top of spoiler in your high speed, long day position? Can you JUST see over the spoiler? Or easily see over it? Thanks for any help.
Delasangre likes this.
post #10 of 15 Old 09-20-2019, 02:45 PM
Stromthusiast!

thanks delasangre for this review. I too was looking at that same extension. Two things I like was that it didn't "appear" to have the rounded lip around the edge that I saw on others. I also saw there are two different sizes...did you get the slightly larger one?
Delasangre likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode