StromTrooper banner

Exhaust options are dwindling

13K views 56 replies 31 participants last post by  Bandit_Bill 
#1 ·
So as the bike ages it seem ever big name exhaust stopped making exhaust for older Stroms in favor of the new 14+.

What's left it seems is Delkevic and Two Bros.

I was reading a forum from 2014 which trashed on two Bros and recommend 3 other systems that no longer exist. But why do people dislike Two Bros and does the Delkevic actually sound good on the 1000? If so I'll give it a shot vs Two Bros.

#12 ·
I have Two Brothers on my Kawasaki Z1000, and I absolutely love them. I have zero complaints with them and would highly suggest for a 1000cc

#6 ·
Two Bros are typically loud. Even for aftermarket cans.

Dale Walker (holeshot performance) still lists slip ons for the Kx stroms. I always thought they sounded good and were among the quietest of the aftermarket cans.

Holeshot Performance Products, Inc.

Also, Dale was once an active member of this community and a Vee owner himself. He's been a longtime supporter of the Suzuki GS platform from his drag racing days. I have been a GS owner for over 20 years. Love those bikes.....

#18 ·
You will find the Delkevic site has lots of options to tailor your noise levels to what you want.

They sell the complete systems in different length cans ( shorter = louder) ( longer = less loud )

From say 9" long to over 17" Stainless, carbon fiber, ect. Prices are low quality good.

Great company. I got one for my 2000 SV 650 and it was amazing sounding. Not overly loud either.
Nice rumble growl.

#21 ·
My experience - If you want "Wake The Dead" LOUD, get a D&D exhaust can. Two Brothers exhausts are quiet in comparison. I repacked the one I had on my ZRX1200 and quieted it down a great deal. However it was still pretty loud.

Attachments

#24 ·
I had a D&D slipon on my ZRX1100. Looked great, but was "a bit" loud.

My '02 Vee had Two Bros slip-ons on it when I first went to look at it. Dude gave me the option of taking those or him putting the stock mufflers back on. It took me all of 10 seconds after he started it to tell him to put the stock ones back on. Rudely loud, and not, IMO, a pleasant sound.

#31 ·
I love my Two Brothers (with the P1 tips); but I *always* wear earplugs. Here are a couple short sound clips during a low speed water crossing; other vids on my channel let you hear what it sounds like from my perspective at speed.

From my perspective, on the bike: https://youtu.be/_wE8j0ER6oQ

From @Karlos perspective: https://youtu.be/1QUpsgXLwS4

#32 ·
>:) Picked up a set of Staintune on ebay for $165.00 USD shipped.

Reactions: WildDoktor
#34 ·
2Bros cans are obnoxiously loud but making a cheap silencer is easy-peasy---go to Lowes---buy two stainless steel shower pan drain covers---snap off the little positioning legs-remove the 2Bros end caps--install the drain covers---I enlarged a few of the holes with a drill bit---voila--knocks the racket down to tolerable level costs about $10 -Much cheaper than the overpriced dB killers they sell.

#36 ·
I had a D&D exhaust can that would put out enough noise to 'Wake The Dead'. No one in my riding group would ride behind me, even when they were wearing ear plugs!!!

I took the can apart and repacked it "properly". Reduced the sound level significantly. D&D had stupidly packed the can with sound deadening fiberglass batting THEN they wound the packing with fiberglass strands soaked in resin, which effectively reduced the sound absorption to ZERO. 💩

#35 ·
I've been pretty happy with my Delkevic. The link pipes are slightly different lengths and not perfect. The tips of the mufflers don't line up or aren't even at the back. But the sound is perfect, not too loud.

#40 ·
I have the Two Brothers Carbon pipes on my 08 with a pc5 and the db killers. They make two styles of the db killers I have both and have the quieter of the two installed. I hate loud pipes and I love my Two Brothers. I think a lot of the bad noise rap comes from people that have never run the db killers. There are also two different style end caps. I am not sure if the first generation even had the option of running db killers. The second generation has bolt on end caps that you remove and mount the db
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
killers underneath. Another benefit of the carbon Two Brothers is you can put your hand on them while running. The carbon does not get too hot to touch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.