DL1000 RR and Suspension - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-28-2019, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

DL1000 RR and Suspension

Have been perusing the threads and internet regarding the stator, RR and suspension on the DL1000. The RR and stator were replaced in the DL1000 I bought in 2017, and will be looking at it when I get to Toronto. From the info I have read, the RR was a recall and hopefully it is the SH847. The suspension will be dependent on the trip across Canada in early September.

I'm familiar with the SH847 - looked at the Compu Fire 55402 as well - as I bought one for my '85 GL1200 Goldwing, but before I could install it the stator went and I opted for the external alternator mod. I sold it to a fellow in Sacramento for his '85 GL1200 Limited Edition Goldwing fuel injected model, and it has been a solid performer on his bike for the past year.

Fan of the series RR over the shunt type. Also like the aspect of the MOSFET internal electronic components instead of the SCRs.

Have more research to do on the suspension. Familiar with Traxion, had the Traxion suspension on the '08 GL1800 that I sold. Have Race Tech fork springs and Gold Valve emulators in the forks on the '85 GL1200 and Progressive 412 series non-air shocks on its rear. My GL1500 has Progressive front fork springs with 416 series air shocks on the rear.

I'm a fan of a suspension upgrade on any older bike as the suspension is the only component on the bike that keeps the tires firmly planted on the pavement. Once the suspension is sorted out, add ons such as fork braces and such can be added. End of my rant.

More to follow.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-29-2019, 11:30 AM
Stromthusiast!

Sent my shock to Sasquatch suspension at Adventure Powersports and was very happy with the price and performance . I agree with doing suspension and brake upgrades first before anything else .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode