2008 V-Strom DL 1000 lowered 2 inches and Center Stand - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-16-2019, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

2008 V-Strom DL 1000 lowered 2 inches and Center Stand

New to the forum my 7th bike is the 2008 V-Strom DL 1000. I love it a lot more than I ever thought I would so I'm keeping this one for a year or two after which I would like to move up to a min 2014 V-Strom 1000. So I have a question : The seller lowered this bike by 2 inches and I have the original Centre Stand . Can I put the original OEM Center Stand on this bike without any alterations or will it be too long. What is the most common procedure to add a Centre Stand to a bike that has been lowered 2 inches. Cut/Weld , buy an after market any other suggestions would be very appreciated. On the new 2008 V-Strom 1000 I just got back 2 weeks ago from a week of travelling thru Maine , Hampshire , Vermont , Provedince , Lake Placid ,Bar Harbor and the top Mt Washington ( now this was a High Adrenalin rush. We were told we got caught in 80 mile /hr winds at the top and we shouldn't have been there but we went up at 8 am when it was calm and they didn't expect any strong winds or the wouldn't have let us go. It was an incident that I will never forget - scariest thing I have ever done WOW WOW WOW !!!!! My location is Toronto Canada

Stillfree
thanks for any help given about the Center Stand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-16-2019, 06:41 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I would not modify the stand as it will not work at all if the next owner wants to raise the bike back up to stock height. just roll the back wheel on a piece of 2x4 and the stand will work.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-16-2019, 07:32 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I lowered a 2011 DL650 once and had the Suzuki centerstand . Only issue was it became a bitch to get it up on the stand. The cure was to keep a small section of 2x4 on the garage floor and ride onto it with the rear wheel . Easy lift again .

2014 DL1000 - Sold
2010 Triumph Scrambler- Sold
2014 KLR650 - Sold
2017 Honda CRF250L - current
2016 Honda VFR1200X - current
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode