15K Service at 25K - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-01-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

15K Service at 25K

Well yesterday I picked up my 2012 DL1000 from the dealer service department, they preformed the 15K service but I noticed they charged me full service for the coolant replacement, I had asked not to reuse the old coolant. I understand the have to remove the radiator so they had to drain the coolant but another $120 on top of the $600 service? Does anyone know if this is right?

And yes I should have done it myself, but I have not ordered the tools need for this service yet.

Freedom is on a motorcycle; just pick a direction and go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-01-2019, 12:04 PM
Stromthusiast!

Oh man sorry to hear that. This is one more example of why doing one's own maintenance is so worth the effort.

K7 Vee for the road, K6 DR650 for the treks more challenging

Available for rides in S. Oregon/N. Calif., or happy to assist riders passing through the area.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-01-2019, 12:39 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

It seem's some dealers are on to so many people doing their own service that they are hitting those that don't even harder. There was no extra labor in your decision to use new rad fluid as apposed to reusing the old fluid so the cost should have been $20 extra. The stupid part is the word gets around encouraging more people to do their own service and less to use the dealers.

Tell your friends...

post #4 of 5 Old 06-03-2019, 07:23 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I would check the job card or ask whether the service included a valve clearance inspection. If it did, then the question to them would be, how come they are billing you for the refilling of a radiator that was part of the valve inspection reassembly. New coolant doesn't cost $120?
post #5 of 5 Old 06-03-2019, 07:38 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Yeah that sounds shady. They should have give you a price before hand and any work involved with the job should be included.That is like selling you a $2.00 burger, then charging you $2.00 more for the bun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode