HC and NOx emission levels info. - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Motorpsychology
  • 1 Post By AKR1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-26-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

HC and NOx emission levels info.

Hi guys, new here although I've been lurking a while looking at info whilst waiting to get my VStrom from the States.

I am in the process of registering it with our vehicle licensing agency in the UK. Most info is required information is relatively straightforward however I came unstuck when trying to provide emmisions info. Specifically they want the HC (hydrocarbons) and the NOx. Numerous search engines throw up the basic specs but nothing on the emmisions.

Do any of you knowlegeable chaps know of a resource for this data? Bike is an 06 DL1000, either K6/7.

All The World Could Be A Stage....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-26-2019, 10:40 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKR1 View Post
Do any of you knowlegeable chaps know of a resource for this data? Bike is an 06 DL1000, either K6/7.
I tried to find emissions related data in my shop manual, just thinking if there was published info for my DL650, there should be for your 1000, too. Nada. My '01 ZX11(ZZR1100) manual had refrenced 8 different variations in lighting, braking and carbueration settings/hardware for various world markets.
Rather arcane information you seek! I would try contacting Suzuki directly to find information on emissions data. In the end you may find that you may have to do some potentially extensive modification to bring it into compliance. Assuming you already own the US bike and seek to ship it to Australia, It may be simpler to sell the US bike and buy another once you are down under.
AKR1 likes this.

"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you are not concerned with who gets the credit"- Patrick Griffin
"I never said half of that stuff."-Confucius
post #3 of 5 Old 05-26-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thanks for looking for the info. I am sure the emissions won't be a problem in the long run. The U.S. actually started the ball rolling re. emissions restrictions, with europe following suit somewhat belatedly with their Euro 2/3/4/5/6 levels. Looking on the U.K VStrom forum it appears I may well have to contact Suzuki directly for a Certificate Of Conformity which will list all the required data. Older bikes are not a problem in the U.K. currently, it's just certain cities are bringing in new legislation regarding ultra low limits. London being one of them. Thanks again.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-26-2019, 09:38 PM
Stromthusiast!

This should help. It's from the US environmental protection agency.

https://www.epa.gov/compliance-and-f...-and-equipment

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 Old 05-27-2019, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

That information is priceless my friend! I wish we had something similar in UK. Thank you so much. I called Suzuki America in California, no answer.... And I even remembered to call during office hours.
Hatchi likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode