Looking for TBS mod pics - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

4Likes
  • 2 Post By Big B
  • 1 Post By viclava
  • 1 Post By bobbyvstrom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-11-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Send a message via Yahoo to viclava
Looking for TBS mod pics

I'm wanting to do the mod to do the throttle body syncing procedure, but have not been able to find where the hose sizes are and where to hook them up to the throttle bodies. I want to set the Vee up so it;s ready to do a TBS.

Can anyone direct me to that thread or mod page?

Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-11-2019, 11:09 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
There is a STICKY thread in this section.

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Hector"

1997 Honda Valkyrie 1500 custom “Dolores”

post #3 of 8 Old 05-11-2019, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

All i could find is "How to" ref the throttle body sync, not the mod to connect the vacuum tubing and connectors for the TBS procedure. Am I missing something?

post #4 of 8 Old 05-11-2019, 11:27 AM
$tromtrooper

Garage
It's in that procedure isn't it? If not it's as simple as pulling off the rubber caps, and installing the vac tubing extensions from the front/rear TB ports. You'll have to find the proper diameter male adapters for the ends of the lines, and then re-use the TB nipples if they aren't damaged. You can also use golf tees to plug the line extensions as well.
bobbyvstrom and DesertBike like this.

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Hector"

1997 Honda Valkyrie 1500 custom “Dolores”

post #5 of 8 Old 05-11-2019, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Found it. Evidentially, I needed two cups of coffee this morning before trying to read simple directions...
Big B likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Stromthusiast!

If I remember correctly, the nipples with the rubber stoppers are on the lower part of the throttle body, very near the cylinder. Look for a black rubber "cap" that looks like a tiny black nose of a rocket. It's only about 1/4" long, if that. Good luck. Long nose pliers will be your friend.
WANDRR likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-20-2019, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Oddly enough, when I adjusted (or attempted to adjust) my TB's, I started off with fluids in each jar even, and when I started bike back up after hooking up hoses, the fluids never changed. I adjusted the screw back and forth with hardly any movement of fluid. It actually never changed. The bike seems to be running fine so far. I have done the TB's a few years back with my other Vstrom, and not sure why this time didn't change other than it wasn't in need.

Any thoughts?
post #8 of 8 Old 05-21-2019, 10:15 AM
Onboard Mass Damper

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by viclava View Post
Oddly enough, when I adjusted (or attempted to adjust) my TB's, I started off with fluids in each jar even, and when I started bike back up after hooking up hoses, the fluids never changed. I adjusted the screw back and forth with hardly any movement of fluid. It actually never changed. The bike seems to be running fine so far. I have done the TB's a few years back with my other Vstrom, and not sure why this time didn't change other than it wasn't in need.

Any thoughts?
Your apparatus is leaky. It has to be.

I did my first (and so far only) TBS with a homemade apparatus like you describe. I found that it was VERY sensitive to even small adjustments. Eventually I had to settle for "only a tiny amount of transfer from one jar to the other" rather than perfect balance in vacuum.

Next time I do a TBS, I'm either buying a proper carb sync tool or making the yardstick-and-tubing-and-ATF type. The two jars setup is too sensitive and too easy to accidentally knock over (and then you have a mess!).

2007 Vee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode