Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
If there is something actually wrong, broken, or out of place why dont you try to locate the exact source of the noise and repair it instead of eliminating the secondary air system?
As posted above, no one can tell you what the noise is from long-distance.
1) Does the engine idle OK?
2) Is the noise rhythmic or intermittent?
3) Does it have an exhaust sound to it?
4) Do you smell exhaust from the engine area at idle?
5) Any exhaust leakage noted at the header pipes, loose bolts at the cylinder heads, leaking gaskets?
6) Did this noise appear suddenly or after some type of repair or maintenance work?
7) Do you understand the function and operation of the secondary air system?
We'll start with that.