something bad happened to my engine - Page 4 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 Old 04-18-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Strom Ry 2 View Post
That's what I was trying to get at. I see a shredded bearing(?) (seal?) on the lift by the bike, but I don't know where it came from. The countershaft seal is still in place, so it doesn't seem like the bearing could have come from there? That's why I was asking where that shredded bearing or seal on the bike lift came from.
I think it is part Number 3 from above diagram.
Thank you for your attention.
Ride safe/Ride long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 04-18-2019, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larolco View Post
Doesn't look like bearing #3 to me. Wrong side of engine. Plus, those are needle bearings in the diagram, not the ball bearings which I see in your photo.

Maybe have a look at this schematic: https://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/a...model-k4-k5-k6
I donot see any thing like that form schema. but I still think it is part Number 3 from above diagram.
Thank you for your attention.
Ride safe/Ride long
post #33 of 36 Old 04-18-2019, 05:40 PM
$tromtrooper

Part # 3 on the schematic you posted is not the same kind of bearing that is in your photo. The one in the photo is a ball bearing whereas the one in the schematic is a needle bearing.

Perhaps the destroyed ball bearing pieces came out of the oil drain hole? If so, the countershaft seal need not be removed for the bearing to find its way out of the engine.

#31 in the schematic I linked to is the countershaft bearing. There are several other ball bearings in that schematic as well. (9, 10, 30)
Ennsync likes this.

DL1000K6 Two wheels good; four wheels bad.
DRZ400SK17

post #34 of 36 Old 04-19-2019, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by larolco View Post
Part # 3 on the schematic you posted is not the same kind of bearing that is in your photo. The one in the photo is a ball bearing whereas the one in the schematic is a needle bearing.

Perhaps the destroyed ball bearing pieces came out of the oil drain hole? If so, the countershaft seal need not be removed for the bearing to find its way out of the engine.

#31 in the schematic I linked to is the countershaft bearing. There are several other ball bearings in that schematic as well. (9, 10, 30)
yes you are right, where did it come from then?the ball bearingis what the mechanic showed me , and the empty place is for a needle bearing.
post #35 of 36 Old 04-19-2019, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Garage
You have a new Africa Twin, IMHO scrap the Strom and try to make some money from parts and accessories. Or you could sell it "as is", that might very well be the best option. Sounds to me like the mechanic screwed something up, but not sure that can be proven.

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Hector"

1997 Honda Valkyrie 1500 custom “Dolores”

post #36 of 36 Old 04-19-2019, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
You have a new Africa Twin, IMHO scrap the Strom and try to make some money from parts and accessories. Or you could sell it "as is", that might very well be the best option. Sounds to me like the mechanic screwed something up, but not sure that can be proven.
I highly agree with you.
my plan is to take the rest of the day of and ride on Africa twin by PCH and let the VStrom memories stay good in my brain. I can not let it die.
drmonbowen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode