Better footpegs for my K7 - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 Old 03-16-2019, 08:22 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I put a set of these $28 Metal Foot Pegs in Black on my 02 VSTROM 1000, I don';t notice vibration and they sure work for standing. The vendor was very easy to work with and has multiple color options. I had to reuse the stock pins and springs and I had to do a little filing on the brackets flashing lines to get a smooth fold operation. As Always YMMV.
DesertBike likes this.

"The only dumb question is the unasked question" - Anonymous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 Old 03-16-2019, 10:55 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

i got a set of DR pegs from someone here on the forum, I don't keep track. They feel very good and secure. A bit smaller that the DL factory pegs but I like 'em!
DesertBike likes this.
post #23 of 35 Old 03-21-2019, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Purchasing System

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohnsd View Post
I put a set of these $28 Metal Foot Pegs in Black on my 02 VSTROM 1000, I don';t notice vibration and they sure work for standing. The vendor was very easy to work with and has multiple color options. I had to reuse the stock pins and springs and I had to do a little filing on the brackets flashing lines to get a smooth fold operation. As Always YMMV.
Lots to like here, but those studs (really, set screws) seem very aggressive. Have you had a problem with that? Seems like your boot soles would get chewed up in short order.

2007 Vee with too many farkles and 50k+ (s)miles

post #24 of 35 Old 03-24-2019, 05:10 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertBike View Post
Lots to like here, but those studs (really, set screws) seem very aggressive. Have you had a problem with that? Seems like your boot soles would get chewed up in short order.
Hasn't been an issue so far, but not a lot of miles yet. Looks like they can be screwed in further if needed.
DesertBike likes this.

"The only dumb question is the unasked question" - Anonymous
post #25 of 35 Old 04-01-2019, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Purchasing System

Garage
Has anyone done both Goldwing pegs AND a footpeg lowering kit?

I just installed the Adventuretech footpeg & control lowering setup yesterday. I don't believe it creates any new clearance problem - presumably, the "asphalt detector" nubbin on each footpeg would still do its job.

I'm assuming the same would be true even with the extra 3/4" drop of the Goldwing pegs. However, I'd have to adjust shifter & rear brake pedal height, and I'm not 100% sure there's enough range available in the respective linkages.

On the DL1000 you have that rear brake pedal return spring. The Adventuretech lowering kit includes a metal clip to make the reach. But, I'd need an even longer clip to go another 3/4".

post #26 of 35 Old 05-07-2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Purchasing System

Garage
Have been riding with the Adventuretech footpeg lowering kit for a while. It's pretty nice. 1" lower doesn't sound like a lot, but made a big difference in comfort. Combined with raising the bars (installed 3.5" Rox risers a few months ago) it is now far more comfortable to stand up, as well.

FWIW the eBay footpegs above seem to be based on the Fastway Evolution III footpeg: https://promotobillet.com/fastwaypro...22-5-001-6031s

Your call whether the Fastways are worth $139. They do come with an extra set of cleats, so you can suit your traction needs & decide how much you want to tear up your boots. A bigger difference is the Fastways are made of stainless steel, vs. aluminum for the direct-from-China version.

I'm not so sure I would want super-strong, stainless steel footpegs. I've broken enough things that I've come to appreciate bits that will snap off or bend, rather than break the much more complicated- and expensive-to-replace thing they're attached to.

Does anyone know what year Goldwing footpegs are compatible with Vees? I want to dig around for people on Goldwing forums who are selling their stock footpegs, but I don't know what model years will work.

post #27 of 35 Old 05-07-2019, 04:28 PM
$tromtrooper

Why hasn't Suzuki fixed their crap pegs.

I love my sw-motech pegs... could stand all day with confidence.

Two wheelz for realz!
'18 DL1000XT
post #28 of 35 Old 05-07-2019, 06:16 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertBike View Post
Has anyone done both Goldwing pegs AND a footpeg lowering kit?
I'm planning to give it a try, but haven't pulled the trigger, yet. Curious to see if anyone has already done so.
DesertBike likes this.
post #29 of 35 Old 05-21-2019, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Purchasing System

Garage
I just ordered a set of PivotPegz. Direct from the manufacturer. They were having a deal where you get the toppers for $10 off, and a free "service" kit so I figured heck, why not.

Not cheap, no, but looks like good stuff.

post #30 of 35 Old 05-22-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Farkle Purchasing System

Garage
Footnote re: ground clearance. I don't think it will be a problem, or rather other things will be the problem not footpegs. Recently I hit a dip coming in to a parking lot that made a terrible noise and felt wrong. Turns out the corner of my skid plate got some metal shaved off. It sticks down & right farther than my footpegs with the suspension under compression.

I had adjusted the rear shock for "correct" sag using the well-known guide at VSRI but I guess I will add a turn or two. I really would rather not have my skid plate drag again. It's alarming & will eventually weaken the skid plate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode