Clutch slave cylinder dust cap where to buy - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

1Likes
  • 1 Post By BackPacker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-05-2018, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Clutch slave cylinder dust cap where to buy

Hi folks.
I bought a new clutch slave cylinder repair kit but the dust cap was not included. I have been looking where to buy it on internet and cant find it. Mine is a little bit damaged so i need a new one. I bought the reapir kit on ebay. Anyone where i can find it on internet? Thanks, Anders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-05-2018, 03:56 PM
$tromtrooper

Part #23166-02F20

It's 27A in the diagram: https://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/a...0722f94/clutch

It'll run you a little better than $9USD.

Or any Suzuki dealer can get it for you. There must be one in Stockholm.

DL1000K6 Two wheels good; four wheels bad.
DRZ400SK17
post #3 of 8 Old 10-05-2018, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thanks , yes i was calling a dealer after 15 minutes of waiting they hanged up the phone. So thats why i started to search on internet.

post #4 of 8 Old 10-06-2018, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Why not a lifetime supply from here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/25-Pack-Bra...0AAOSwlJlavxLr
Clutch and brake bleeders are the same.

2010 Weestrom; 2017 Kawasaki Versys-X300; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100
post #5 of 8 Old 10-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Stromthusiast!

That's not the dust cover he means. He wants the dust cover that sits between the piston and the pushrod, and prevents dirt from inside the front sprocket housing to reach the slave cylinder.

The very first generation of DL1000s did not have this dust cover so it's perfectly possible to ride the bike without. And the system is self-adjusting anyway so you don't need to compensate for the reduced length of the pushrod system if you go without one. But it's an extremely good idea to use this cover - and even retrofit it if you've got a bike that came without one - in order to prolong slave cylinder life.
anderswien likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-07-2018, 02:07 AM
Stromthusiast!

Have you considered taking the damaged cover to an automotive clutch & brake store, so they can try match it up with something similar they may have in stock?
post #7 of 8 Old 10-08-2018, 12:49 AM
$tromtrooper

It's easy enough to buy from Suzuki. He probably already has one on order.

Earlier models didn't have them at all. They were instituted on later models because of early slave cylinder failure as a result of chain debris fling onto the push rod and slave cylinder piston and migrating into the cylinder seal. Suzuki hasn't said this, but action speaks louder than words. This design was for a TL never meant to see rain or dirt.

My experience shows that the "dust cover" doesn't solve the problem entirely on the DL which often sees inclement weather and off-road abuse. Over all it's just a bad design for a "dual purpose" bike. Crap still finds its way in there and chews up the seal. I've posted elsewhere about this.

DL1000K6 Two wheels good; four wheels bad.
DRZ400SK17
post #8 of 8 Old 10-08-2018, 01:15 AM
Stromthusiast!

Fully agree. "Clean behind the sprocket cover" should be on the list for every service. It's amazing to see the amount of crap that collects there.

People have experimented with putting some tubing around the pushrod but I have not seen a real adequate solution yet. It would be great if Suzuki would come up with a combination of slave cylinder seal and oil seal, joined by some sort of concertina tube. That would be the only real way to prevent problems in this area, short of redesigning the whole clutch so the pushrod doesn't run through an exposed area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode