PCV maps to share with the collective! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 94 Old 03-11-2015, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Exclamation PCV maps to share with the collective!

Ask and ye shall receive, and this thread is for PCV maps "ONLY" any PCIII maps shared will be deleted. The PCIII maps must be converted to work in a PCV, so this will simplify matters for sure.

Brian

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Fred"

1997 Honda Valkyrie 1500 custom “Fiona”

Last edited by Big B; 03-11-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 Old 03-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Ask and ye shall receive, and this thread is for PCV maps "ONLY" any PCIII maps shared will be deleted. The PCIII maps must be converted to work in a PCV, so this will simplify matters for sure.

Brian
Brian, I just tried to upload three maps and I suspect the file extension is not letting me. Any idea what I can change it to allow it to upload please?
Dene

2009 DL1K
2015 Street Glide Special
2011 Road King 106" SOLD
post #3 of 94 Old 03-12-2015, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
I sure don't, hopefully somebody can help you. I believe the files are mostly ZIP files in the PCIII sticky?

2015 DL650 XT "Fred"

post #4 of 94 Old 03-12-2015, 11:26 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
I sure don't, hopefully somebody can help you. I believe the files are mostly ZIP files in the PCIII sticky?
I unzipped them and converted to V and here they sit. I've tried lots and for all that it matters the worst one was the stock one from Dynojet's site. It offered poor mileage and the bike was lethargic. Tried a few other custom maps and much much better, (also tried their zero map and the bike felt like I had a 500lb passenger onboard). Then I put on some free flowing Delkevic 18" silencers the other day and tried Dynojets map for Two Brothers and just about pooped myself. Still grinning hours later and on my second glass of wine!

2009 DL1K
2015 Street Glide Special
2011 Road King 106" SOLD
post #5 of 94 Old 03-13-2015, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Well if this thread does not start getting files attached soon and or more traffic, I will be unsticking or possibly deleting it. I will give it a week or so, if the interest does not pick up, then it really makes no sense to have it for just a few members. Most everyone has a PCIII, so the interest in PCV is pretty low I would imagine.

2015 DL650 XT "Fred"

post #6 of 94 Old 03-13-2015, 09:16 AM
Stromthusiast!

Big B ... Give it time...the riding season is not upon us yet, re-assess in af ew months once the dust is washed off and we're back on the road again

2002 DL1000 K2
post #7 of 94 Old 03-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
I'm thinking of getting a Power Commander, and as the III is getting harder to find i'm going to HAVE to get a V... unless it really would be worth my time waiting for a III to rear it's head?

From a quick google it does appear to be a simple case of either

A: opening the PCIII file in the PCV software, then re-saving it.
B: opening a blank PCV file and copy+pasting the PCIII values into it - the only downside the is PCV has a 15% column which needs to be filled, but this can be done by averaging the 10% and 20% columns from the PCIII map?

So is there any downside to getting a PCV over a PCIII if someone can juse use the known-good maps from the PCIII thread??
post #8 of 94 Old 03-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Sichoe View Post
I'm thinking of getting a Power Commander, and as the III is getting harder to find i'm going to HAVE to get a V... unless it really would be worth my time waiting for a III to rear it's head?

From a quick google it does appear to be a simple case of either

A: opening the PCIII file in the PCV software, then re-saving it.
B: opening a blank PCV file and copy+pasting the PCIII values into it - the only downside the is PCV has a 15% column which needs to be filled, but this can be done by averaging the 10% and 20% columns from the PCIII map?

So is there any downside to getting a PCV over a PCIII if someone can juse use the known-good maps from the PCIII thread??
If you never plan to buy an Auto-Tune or use any of the other PCV functions that the DL really doesn't need, Power Commander has introduced a newer fuel controller called PCFC (or Power Commander FC) that uses PCV maps. Street price is about $200. I don't have one so I can't comment on how great it is or isn't. I have a PCV.

To quote their website:
"Product Overview
The Power Commander FC is a new plug-n-play fuel management device pre-programmed with Make/ Model specific maps. In addition the Power Commander FC has the added ability to modify or change these maps on the fly without a computer.
Users can literally select between a Power Commander FC Map, custom-built maps, or even fine tune low, mid or high rpm ranges while sitting on the bike and without plugging into a computer. Standard +/- 10% increments from selected map settings, different ranges are available using the supplied Control Center software.
Users can also load up to 10 of their personally built Power Maps into the Power Commander FC and select between them while in the saddle - eliminating the need to "re-boot" with the computer every time a new map is desired.
PCFC Features:
- Uses OEM style connectors and high quality wiring harnesses
- Small, lightweight and easy-to-fit on the bike
- Pre-programmed with PCFC Power Maps specific to make, model
- No computer necessary for modifying fuel management
- Fully adjustable computer compatibility for ultimate tuning and personalization
- Software is compatible with Power Commander, so you can download Power Commander maps to the PCFC
- Integrated O2 Optimizer where Applicable
- +250 / -100 fuel change. Enough adjustment to cover almost all modifications
- Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges). When you need to adjust your fuel curve for quick throttle inputs."

As far as using PCIII maps in a PCV, it's easier than either of those options. You just open the PC5 program, click FILE, and then click IMPORT PCIIIUSB MAP. It does everything for you. Click SAVE MAP if you like it and want to keep it in PCV format. If not, just close it. You will find most of the PCIII maps out there are setup with the same rpm increments as PCV maps. It's so easy that I don't think I understand the need for another map thread.

What might be really useful to some folks is a single post in a single sticky thread with links to all the maps spread throughout the site. Maybe with a short, sweet note or description of what it is and who it came from.
post #9 of 94 Old 03-16-2015, 07:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Thanks for the Info on the PCFC!

and regarding -
Quote:
As far as using PCIII maps in a PCV, it's easier than either of those options. You just open the PC5 program, click FILE, and then click IMPORT PCIIIUSB MAP. It does everything for you. Click SAVE MAP if you like it and want to keep it in PCV format. If not, just close it. You will find most of the PCIII maps out there are setup with the same rpm increments as PCV maps. It's so easy that I don't think I understand the need for another map thread.
BOOM! that's exactly what I wanted to hear Thanks!
post #10 of 94 Old 03-18-2015, 09:07 PM
Stromthusiast!

PCV Maps Part 1

Ok. Hopefully at less than great personal risk, here are some compiled maps from the PCIII Map Thread, in PCV format.

They all have a modified file name to indicate who's map it was originally and have a .txt extension since some folks had a hard time with .zip files. When you download these and save them to your computer, simply RENAME them with a .PVM extension.

I hope that doesn't confuse too many people. The reason for this is that the board will only let you attach certain types of files and .pvm isn't one of them.
Attached Files
File Type: txt BigB V2.txt (1.1 KB, 200 views)
File Type: txt Cheff's stock fuelmoto.txt (936 Bytes, 101 views)
File Type: txt Cheff's average economyfuelmoto.txt (936 Bytes, 131 views)
File Type: txt Cheff's DL1000K5 Power only.txt (1.1 KB, 123 views)
File Type: txt Cheff's DL1000K5 power and economy.txt (1.1 KB, 188 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode