PCV maps to share with the collective! - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

 18Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 94 Old 06-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
jpmire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Lafayette, La
Posts: 22
So I'm not so computer smart. I recently purchase a PCFC. I'm having a hard time figuring out how to save these files as a pvm file. Is it as simple as: opening downloads, selecting the file, changing the txt to pvm and saving?
jpmire11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 94 Old 06-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
jpmire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Lafayette, La
Posts: 22
Nevermind guys, I figured it out.
jpmire11 is offline  
post #23 of 94 Old 07-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 5
Red face

I have a 2012 1000. From the very beginning I was disappointed in how it ran, the idle was horrible, while driving it home in stop and go traffic on the freeway it quit a couple of times. I had it back to the dealer and he messed around a bunch to get the idle to not be too fast and not die. I decided to install two brothers cans and a K&N air filter. Now it really ran like crap. I had heard good things about the PC and picked up a PCV. Even with the stock map that came with it ran much, much better. It idled great and the power felt much smoother.

I haven't had a chance to check out any of the other maps (it seemed like they were all for the PCIII). I was excited to see this thread. I'll have to check out some of the posted maps.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a particular map for my setup or should I just try them out?

Great thread! Thanks again.
StreetNDirt is offline  
 
post #24 of 94 Old 07-22-2015, 05:02 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 24
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetNDirt View Post
I have a 2012 1000. From the very beginning I was disappointed in how it ran, the idle was horrible, while driving it home in stop and go traffic on the freeway it quit a couple of times. I had it back to the dealer and he messed around a bunch to get the idle to not be too fast and not die. I decided to install two brothers cans and a K&N air filter. Now it really ran like crap. I had heard good things about the PC and picked up a PCV. Even with the stock map that came with it ran much, much better. It idled great and the power felt much smoother.

I haven't had a chance to check out any of the other maps (it seemed like they were all for the PCIII). I was excited to see this thread. I'll have to check out some of the posted maps.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a particular map for my setup or should I just try them out?

Great thread! Thanks again.
I am interested in this too. I have basically the same setup.
dudemang is offline  
post #25 of 94 Old 08-31-2015, 02:54 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Hammerdown77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 374
I'm getting pretty abysmal fuel economy with the stock Fuel Moto map (that Cheff originally posted). Like low 30's, 31-33 mpg, confirmed mileage with GPS. I went to this map because it seemed to be smoother from 3750 to 5k rpm than Cheff's "OMG" map that so many folks like.

I'm probably going to run a zero map for a tank just to see what the fuel economy is like stock. Seems I did that when I first got the bike, and got low 40s, and then didn't worry about it afterward. I'm curious to see if I am still getting that stock, and if not, something else may be going on. Bike has 32k miles on it at the moment, 2007 model year.

Livin' the dream
Hammerdown77 is offline  
post #26 of 94 Old 10-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
jpmire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Lafayette, La
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdown77 View Post
I'm getting pretty abysmal fuel economy with the stock Fuel Moto map (that Cheff originally posted). Like low 30's, 31-33 mpg, confirmed mileage with GPS. I went to this map because it seemed to be smoother from 3750 to 5k rpm than Cheff's "OMG" map that so many folks like.

I'm probably going to run a zero map for a tank just to see what the fuel economy is like stock. Seems I did that when I first got the bike, and got low 40s, and then didn't worry about it afterward. I'm curious to see if I am still getting that stock, and if not, something else may be going on. Bike has 32k miles on it at the moment, 2007 model year.
I am running the Two Brothers map off of the Dynojet website. Currently the bike has modified stock exhaust with KN air filter. Previously I ran the same map with a set of Dale Walker Holeshot pipes. I average 40 mpg and the bike is silky smooth.
dudemang likes this.
jpmire11 is offline  
post #27 of 94 Old 10-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Hammerdown77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 374
I am now running the Dynojet Two Brothers map with a pair of Delkovic tri-oval mufflers. Bike runs great, and I've run it now with the baffles inserted, and without, but haven't done any mpg calculations. I'm having too much fun making them sing
millwright98 and dudemang like this.

Livin' the dream
Hammerdown77 is offline  
post #28 of 94 Old 10-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
jpmire11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Lafayette, La
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdown77 View Post
I am now running the Dynojet Two Brothers map with a pair of Delkovic tri-oval mufflers. Bike runs great, and I've run it now with the baffles inserted, and without, but haven't done any mpg calculations. I'm having too much fun making them sing
I turned a buddy on to that Map as well. Same results from him. Loves the way it pulls and feels now. His mpg isn't great but I would assume its bc the front wheel rarely sees the ground.
jpmire11 is offline  
post #29 of 94 Old 10-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 24
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdown77 View Post
I am now running the Dynojet Two Brothers map with a pair of Delkovic tri-oval mufflers. Bike runs great, and I've run it now with the baffles inserted, and without, but haven't done any mpg calculations. I'm having too much fun making them sing
Are you running the OEM air filter or do you have the K&N as well?
dudemang is offline  
post #30 of 94 Old 10-09-2015, 01:23 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 24
Garage
Does anyone know how much of a difference there is between the fuel maps on the ECUs for the Gen 1s? I am curious if any of these maps would apply to any of the 996 Gen 1s engines.
dudemang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome